eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Buy iPhone 6 Now
cnicol-uk
Community Member

How long do you generally wait, for dispatch?

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but couldn't find an answer any where. Basically I've ordered some stuff, but its been about 3 days, not much I know! However, wanted to ask at what point do I need to do something, and what do I do? 

Please use plain text.
jeanette3963
Community Member

Re: How long do you generally wait, for dispatch?

in reply to cnicol-uk

if these are the two items you bought on Thursday?  The dyson indicates seller dispatches within 3 working days of payment.  If you paid on Friday then they are not even obliged to post until Wednesday/Thursday of this week under the terms of their listing (bearing in mind today is a bank holiday).  The 2nd item indicates 1 working day after payment so again, if you paid on Friday then it will be tomorrow before they post.  Both listings also indicate delivery "estimated within x to x working days" so you need to work out what date that would be from your payment date and you really should wait until at least then before making enquiries.

Please use plain text.
postie_patsy
Community Member

in reply to cnicol-uk

Assuming from your question and feedback that you're new to eBay, then once you've received your purchased items, it's good to leave feedback for your sellers.

Apart from anything else, the seller then knows you've received them.

Some sellers leave feedback as soon as the buyer pays but most wait for the buyer to let them know the item's arrived and is OK by leaving feedback. :-)

:-D You're welcome to come aboard the 'DYK on Tour' thread & say H! :-D
Please use plain text.
angrydrag0n
Community Member

in reply to cnicol-uk

Dispatch is mentioned on the postage tab underneath the postage details. This should be included in the delivery timescale which is underneath the winning bid or purchase price of the item top centre of the listing page. The estimate is triggered by the type of postage used and is often a bit optimistic and is always in working days, which for the UK excludes Saturday, Sunday and any bank holidays.

If the seller manually marks the item as dispatched or pays for postage via ebay postage facility  a box icon will be displayed to the right of the item in your purchase history which is halfway down the lefthand menu on your main ebay page.  Not all sellers mark as dispatched and obviously if they pay for postage in the middle of the night  it wont be accurate.

I usually give a couple of days after the expected delivery date, then message the seller to see if there has been a delay and give a reasonable amount of time for them to reply (usually a couple more days).  You have 45 days from payment to open an item not recieved case.

To contact the seller in the first instance go to your purchase history which is halfway down the lefthand menu of your ebay page. Find the item and at the far right under more actions select contact seller.  Make sure that you select other at this stage as if you select either of the 2 other options it will open a dispute. You can always select the item not received option when its obvious that the item is not going to arrive, or select resolve a problem instead.

Don't worry about asking a question, every member was new to ebay once. :-)

Please use plain text.