louiselouise2222
Community Member

Collect and economy tracked postage

I successfully bid on an item on Sat. 25 Jan.  Postage was collect and economy tracked.  I was notified this morning that the seller had dispatched the item, which is great.  No tracking details have been posted on My eBay or paypal.  Should they have been?  If so, should I simply 'sit tight' and wait until the package arrives, or should I ask the seller to provide the tracking details? Being a 'newbie' I don't want to bother the seller unnecessarily.

Thanks for any advice.

Please use plain text.
norseway53
Community Member

Re: Collect and economy tracked postage

in reply to louiselouise2222

Some sellers don't enter the tracking number or enter it late.  There is no harm in asking them for it but leave it for 24 hours to see if the seller updates the info.

If you do contact the seller, please use the 'other' option on the contact menu as you don't want to open a case at this early stage.

I bid, I win, I pay - you deliver
Please use plain text.
angelah1847
Community Member

Not all sellers will add the tracking details even if they have them.  Give it 3 or 4 days then if it hasn't been delivered message the seller for the tracking details.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
890craig
Community Member

hi, not all sellers send the tracking number,it is of benefit to them as they are responsible for delivery, i would give it 4 days and then message the seller to state you have not received the item and could you have the tracking number.

if no response you can open an "item not received" case which the seller has to respond to, after 8 days of opening acase if no response, you can escalate the case and get a refund back from ebay.

regards.

Please use plain text.
louiselouise2222
Community Member

Thanks v much all - will follow advice given.

Please use plain text.
ray_fuller
Community Member

If I as a seller buy the Collect+ postage through eBay, it automatically puts the tracking number into the eBay sales record, so I assume it would also be visible to you as the buyer? That's in eBay rather than Paypal.

If I buy the Collect+ postage direct through the Collect+ website, I would have to enter it manually.