eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Great saving!
oldflame2008
Community Newcomer

ebay survey scam?

Ebay survey scam? In an unguarded moment I clicked on a survey supposedly from ebay...looked genuine.Now realise it probably wasn't,appeared on advert space r/h side of screen,as I was browsing ebay. As soon as I ticked first box of survey they closed survey.  Then a message from avg, 'Your firewall is turned off'  I turned it on,and as far as I can tell,no harm done...but is there? Any one else experienced this? 

right-then-petal
Community Member

Re: ebay survey scam?

in reply to oldflame2008

Photobucketa few things to do

change passwords

get addblocker

Malwhere stuff

do,n t answear any serveys

off out i,ll check back later

photo santasmilei.gif

oldflame2008
Community Newcomer

in reply to right-then-petal

Thank you,

Changed passwords...normally Very wary of ads...just caught off guard this time,,,and it did look genuine!  As for adblocker,will research..maleware,will AVG not do that?  Paid for,not the free version. Some days now passed,and all seems well...Hope so! Be interested to know if anyone else has had the same experience. 

sailingbernie
Community Member

in reply to oldflame2008

There was tery recently this posting very recently that may be worth a look -  scammer got at bank funds

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/My-eBay/Did-anyone-else-been-scammed-by-easy-beezy-posing-as-ebay-sur...

Hope every thying is OK for you

Bernie

oldflame2008
Community Newcomer

in reply to sailingbernie

Thanks for the link, I didn't get as far as completing the 'survey' They stopped it as soon as I answered the first question.So no offer made. Just concerned that my firewall was turned off at that precise moment.presumably by the 'survey' ....Do have some sympathy with those who think ebay should take some action though.  Advert was a blatent copy of ebay logo etc. Also,do ebay make money from the advert ? If so can they not trace them?