eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
scoobyubidoo
Community Newcomer

can't add to watch list, even though it's not full

:_| as I was so rudely interrupted last night by the forum changes when I tried to raise this issue:

my watch list stands at 194; I should be able to add another 6 items before it tells me it's full.

However, when I try to add an item from another open ebay page (I use multiple open browser pages for ebay)

that page tells me that my watch list is full – which it isn't !

I tried refreshing all my open ebay pages, but to no avail.

Again this seems to be so symptomatic of what currently goes on these days here, not to mention that the Ebay GUI (graphical user interface) has become one hell of a jungle to negotiate.

Am expecting to meet Doctor Livingstone here any day now!

Dogtorate in Snack Research, University of Caenenz
gazelle-run-down-by-bus
Community Newcomer

Re: can't add to watch list, even though it's not full

in reply to scoobyubidoo

The chances are the functionality on the site that saves your watch list is being confused by the multiple tabs and instructions from each.

Try adding one item from one tab and see if that fixes the problem.

If you are using IE, try it in FF.

-----------------------------

Need help with buying and selling? Click here for Popular Links and Useful Me Pages (PLUMP)
scoobyubidoo
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

I'm getting inconsistent results with open pages, i.e., one will allow me to add item and the next will tell me my watch list is full and then the next one will allow me to add an item – very frustrating, especially if you are trying to buy something that's ending within the next 24 hours

debz6180
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

well you could place a bid on it, it wouldn't be on your watch list but it would be on your bidding list

Sorry Ood, it would appear that linking to a tiger roaring on You Tube is against Ebay Policy...
scoobyubidoo
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

?:smileyindifferent: That's not the point. I lose the freedom to choose whether to buy or not, whether to place bid or not.

Surely, we are talking about THE most fundamental concept of Ebay here. The raison d'etre.

Some kids who think they know it all: about flashy flash scripts and layer upon layer of frivolous eye candy that takes us further way from basic function to non-function

have sadly been employed by Ebay to turn it into the current travesty – one big fat turd of a website, sorry to say.

james_uk@ebay.com
eBay Employee

in reply to scoobyubidoo

what happens if you try to add it to a new, different list?

Please use my ID/email address for contact. I cannot accept Community Messages. Thanks in advance.

Veni, Vidi, Pink-i
scoobyubidoo
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

James, I can add to research and wish list etc. The watch list is still behaving erratically, though, and this is really the one that counts, being readily viewable on the My Ebay page.

scoobyubidoo
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

:smileyindifferent: just to update, the bug is still there, no matter if I have 198 items in my watch list, when I try to add anything it tells me it's full.

The research list is a poor substitute, especially since there seems to be no way of seeing or checking it directly.

Really, they ought to have consulted us about all of these things.

morvern-callar
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

Yep, I'm also having this problem. I've cleared my watch list down, refreshed the page several times, but when I try to add an item to my watch list, it still says it's full. It's bloomin' annoying. I can add to my wish list, but that's no use as I just forget it's there.

I'm using IE8 with win7. Whilst I would prefer to use Chrome, I can't download it onto this (borrowed) laptop.

chrisb.9.80
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

I'm having the same trouble today. But there is no message saying my watch list is full (it's not, there are 180 items in there) just a blank space where "watch this item" should be. Annoying!

suzy6174
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

I have also lost the "watch" option! Its driving me crazzzzzyy !! Lost it for over a week, then suddenly it was working again, for 2 days, now its gone again! Brilliant! NOT !! And im only watching 3 things ! so list not full. X-(

donna6016
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

Has anyone found a solution to this?
I've now got this problem too!

scoobyubidoo
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

:_| five weeks since I first reported it here and still not fixed!

scoobyubidoo
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

:-p just to add I'm now regularly missing end of auctions because of this bug...

scoobyubidoo
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

:-(  8 weeks since I first reported it here and still not fixed!

and I'm still missing end of auctions as a consequence; I reckon sellers throughout ebay are also losing out, when buyers are effectively prevented from placing final bids by this bug!!!

remrock7
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

I'm having this problem too. Sometimes I can delete items from my watch list, sometimes I can't. Sometimes I can add items to my watch list, other times it tells me it's full even when it isn't. I've set up lots of 'Other Lists', but keep missing the end of auctions because the lists don't appear automatically on My Ebay pages and, like many ebayers, I prefer bidding in the last few minutes when I've decided which items I want to bid on. (My husband's very pleased that I've not been bidding on as many auctions as I intended to.:-D) Now I've got much the same problem with my items Won list. I can't delete transactions, which I usually do as soon as both parties have left feedback. When I tick the box and click on delete the page stays exactly the same. Now my husband can see the ever-increasing total of what I've spent recently, rather than just the total for outstanding transactions. :-( :smileysurprised: :-D

modular_systems
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

It too, am having the same problem. If i keep my watch list to 199 items or less then it works ok. If i accidentally hit 200 items and need to add more items that i want to watch or BUY!! then i go round in circles trying to delete things to create space, only to find that it's useless and i still can't add the items i want to watch.

Refreshing the page - doesn't work!

Waiting for say 20 mins or so - doesn't work!

etc etc....

I came to a point where i said F*'; it and stopped bothering to add items to my list that i might have bought (or at least bid on) because of this problem.

Sellers are loosing out! Auctions will be ending on lower prices and in turn ebay loose out on fees because of this issue.

I have found a small workaround but it's a lot of messing about... I created a new list (called "NOT enough space") and save items into there when the watch list is playing up. Once the items are in that list it's possible to move them over to the main watch list providing the total number of items doesn't exceed 199 for some odd reason it won't let you move 10 items if your min watch list is on 190 so you can only move 9 items.

Personally i didn't like the new changes with all these new list options when they were introduced. Infact i will go as far as to say i hated them and still do even more so now.

The saying of "if it aint broke, don't fix it" is something ebay should take heed of.

Every time i seem to log into ebay, or atleast what seems to be every couple of days, something else has changed or been made to look different or function different. WHY????

Is this just to keep the development team in a job or are they just trying to justify their jobs? Is it done out of pure boredom? Oh what can we change today in our infinate wisdom???

Not only do i not like the new lists system, it's either  coded incorrectly or someone hasn't thought it out properly. It's confusing, pointless and non functional particularly when your watch list is bordering on full.

Does anyone really need half a dozen different lists when i would imagine most people are happy with a single list of everything that they want to keep an eye on.

It would give more functionality if the overall watch list size was increased and get rid of the "other" lists.

Rant over - i guess....

joeybancroft11
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

has anyone found a fix for this fault, im using firefoc and when i reach 200 then delete items i cannot add more items even if i reboot pc etc, or this just a case of ebay messing with things that arent broke!

modular_systems
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

Once you have made space for new items there is a fix i have discovered but it requires forcing a new item into the watch list from a different list.

This seems to reset the "watch list full flag" and force an update to indicate the watch list is no longer full.

Follow these steps....

1) When the watch list is full --> delete some items...

2) Add a new listed item to a different watch list. (using the drop down below the auction price to add it to the list) Example... add to "research" list.

3) Once you are watching the item in the "other" (eg research) list, go to that "other" list, tick the item and move/copy it to the main watch list.

4) Once item is sucessfully in main watch list, where you want it, delete the item from the "other" list.

5) Now the main watch list will work in the normal way again for more items. Just as you would expect it to work.

When you reach 200 items again, you will have to repeat the above after making more space. Or until EBAY Acknowledge this issue and FIX IT!!!

gareth_woodgate
Community Newcomer

in reply to scoobyubidoo

Another easy fix for you.First delete stuff from watch list, so you have room to add new items.When you are looking at an item you want to watch, but cant, click the sign out button at the top of the page.Once it gets to the "You have signed out" page (or whatever the exact phrasing is)Press the back button on your browser till you are on the item page, press the F5 key on your keyboard or press the refresh button in your browser, the "add to list" will change to "add to watch list" Once you will click it, you will be asked to sign in again, do that and your watch item list will be fixed till the next time you hit the 200 items.Hopefully that all makes sense