eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Buy iPhone 6 Now
Answer
sianylloyd81
Community Member
changing my name

I would like to change my name as I have recently got married, but do I need to?

Other Answers: 2
topcat83
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sianylloyd81

you can got to my ebay>> personal details>> edit

paypal is a bit more complicated

You can submit a request to change the name on your Personal/ Premier PayPal account for a typographical error or a legal name change (marriage, divorce, legal). We’re unable to change the name on a PayPal account to a different person's name.

Here’s how to change the name on your account:

1. Log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. In the 'Name' section, click Change.
  4. Select the type of change you would like to make and click Continue.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Depending on the type of change you want to make, you may need to provide some or all of the following documents by uploading or faxing them to us:

• A copy of a valid photo identification showing your new name (a driving licence, a passport, or any other government-issued photo identification)
  • A copy of a court-issued document showing your new name (for example, a marriage certificate or marriage license, a divorce decree, or a deed poll)
  • A copy of a recent statement for the bank account, credit card, or debit card that is listed on your PayPal account, or a recent utility bill, showing your new name and address exactly as they should appear on your PayPal account
  • An email (from the primary email address you've registered with us) clearly stating that you would like to change the name on your account.

Please note: We don’t accept files that are sent as email attachments. If you email us attachments, we'll still require you to upload or fax your documents.

Here’s how you upload your documents:

1. Click Upload Files.
  2. Browse for the file(s) you want to upload and click Attach this File.
  3. Click Send Files to PayPal.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

378ruth
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sianylloyd81

there is no need to change your name