usa to uk

Hi I have found a few items I want to bid on, but it comes up item can't be posted to your postcode area, does this mean that the seller in usa doesn't post to uk or international, even though it doesn't say this? Can anyone tell me why this is? Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Usually this is due to one of two things.  Either the seller doesn't post items to the destination in question, regardless of whether he/she sells to other overseas destinations, or alternatively it may be that the seller does sell to overseas buyers but has missed off the international postage costs.  If it's the first of these two options then you'll just have to find the item from another seller who will post to your address; however, if it's the second option then if you send the seller an e-mail asking if he/she will post to the United Kingdom and if so what are the postage costs likely to be then you may well get a reply from the seller quoting the postage costs to send the item to you.  If bids have already been placed on the auction then the seller won't be able to revise the listing but so long as they agree to send you an invoice should you win the item then you should still be able to place a bid on the auction.

In the event that the seller says that he/she will post to the United Kingdom and gives you a postage cost for the item then should you decide to place a bid and end up winning the auction wait for the seller to send you an invoice including the overseas postage costs and you can then pay for the item.  This is exactly what I had to do with an item that I won recently, but once the seller had sent the invoice with the postage costs I was able to pay for the item without any problems whatsoever.

Answers (0)

Ask a question