non payment of sale want to cancel

my buyer has not responded to any communication about a sale, obviously not going to pay, has been over 10 days! accidently clicked open a request/case and cancel the order. unfortunately i now cannot cancel because the case is open and cant close it for another few days. the buyer probably will not respond as i have tried several times to contact them with no luck. i would like to cancel the order and relist but i cant now! please help close the case so i can relist on tuesday night!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hello

accidentally clicked open a request/case and cancel the order. unfortunately i now cannot cancel because the case is open and cant close it for another few days

eBay would have sent the buyer

• reminders to pay for item
  • you the seller do not need to chase buyer for payment
  • buyer knows that payment is due

So did you:

• open an -unpaid item case ?
  • send a cancellation request ?

as not sure which one you it is that you opened Woman Wink

• If you have sent a cancellation request then/and  refund the buyer=   buyer has not paid for item  

You will then have to  choose the  option:

• buyer has changed his/her mind = no defect
  • problem with buyer's address = no defect

for you to get your FVF fees refunded= you have to do this before re-listing item

If buyer ignores it ( you never know ) then you will have to close the cancellation request manually  7 days later for you to get your FVF fees refunded or perhaps you will get them back as soon as rather than 10 days later

Have a look at this link also even though it is the buyer that want to cancel the transaction

I'm a seller and I want to cancel a sale.

OR

If you have opened an un-paid item case manually 2 days after item sold then you need to close it 4 days later from the time case was opened (you will have to close it manually yourself )

• If you don't receive payment, you can open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Centre as early as 2 days or up until 32 days after the listing ended.
  • Use the link below to close your case if not done as of yet = Follow up on a case you've already opened.

You will then have the option to tick the box that says buyer has not paid thus closing the case

You have to do this before re-listing item

Add the buyer's ID to your Blocked Bidders List. 
http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

Set your preferences as tight as possible

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences&guest=1

Do not leave a neg on a positive for feedback as it will be removed & your account marked !!  Buyer won't be able to leave feedback either

So by using the tools at your disposition you are in effect helping as if buyer has 2 un-paid item cases over 12 months then buyer will be unable to buy from other seller(s) also as most have set their preferences to deal with non payers & time waster(s)

Hope this helps :womanhappy:

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

You'll be able to close after 7 days.

Ask a question