eBay invoiced 20 pounds for nothing

Original question below, just wanted to comment on the answer.
To "thisisabrandname" : thanks for giving an answer to my question in an unfriendly manner. This confirmed two things :

1. eBay has no problem taking money from its customers for NOTHING.
2. For some member to member-support dudes like "thisisabrandname" it's a blast to turn problems into new users' own fault.

To "thisisabrandname" who answered with a "if you didn't bother"... did you even read my question? I most certainly would have "bothered" to inform eBay if I HAD EVEN KNOWN that they consider the buy finalized, even without a confirmed send or feedback. Let alone that there's a great 30-day deadline to not being invoiced for never-happened sales. That's just BS.

What a bureaucratic, elitist, outdated place this is. 
And to "thisisabrandname" : get off your high horse and be a little more friendly, if you're here to help and not make yourself feel more important than you - "REALLY" - are. To the two other people replying : thanks sincerely, not what I wanted to hear but... you know.

Have a nice day.

----------

Is this really how this place operates?

I had a ghettoblaster up for sale. A user bid on it and won. After some time the user sent a message where he wanted to cancel.

Too bad, but no problem there. Thought I'd put it up again later.

I'm not an active eBayer, so a little over a month after the botched sale I put the item up again.

Noticed that there's a 19 pound invoice waiting to be paid. Now I learned that the "sale" has to be canceled to be able to apply for "fee credit" or something like that.

When I tried to do that, YAY! Too late cause there's a 30-day or so limit to cancel a sale.

So, now eBay wants its cut for a sale that didn't happen. 

REALLY, eBay?

This is the case by the way.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221795289516?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)