Seller sending alternative item as substitute for that ordered by me

I ordered and paid for a particular specific quality of cotton sheets  (200 thread count) but the seller sent a different item (ie cotton sheets of 400 thread count).   I raised this by diirect email to the seller 15 days after delivery as soon as I realised they did not match the sheets I already have at home (ie 200 thread count which is why I ordered these).  He replied by email saying that he had been out of the 200 thread count ones so sent the 400 thread count ones instead on the basis that they were better quality and I could have them for the same - lower - price as the 200's.  I emailed back the same day and  siad I needed the 200 type as I had ordered so that they matched so I wanted to return the 400's and to have the 200's which seemed by then to be back available according to the ebay listing that day.   Since I had no response after 7 days I wrote another email indicating that if he would not resolve the matter in way I asked then I woould have to pursue it formally with ebay/pay pal.     Still no response so yesterday I tried to raise it formally with ebay only to have their  computer to insist that since it had not been raised with the seller within 30 days then it did not fall within their 30 day protection scheme !     I am a novice ebayer but how can this be right when it was raised well within 30 days with the seller albeit by direct email to him rather then through the ebay contact system ? Where does ebay's protection scheme say expressly that it must be raised with the seller through ebay's own emails only and that raising it direct will not count ?    The seller is clearly in breach of contract for not supplying the goods as agreed so I would expect ebay to take the matter up and not simply to say they can't help.    Any guidance would be most welcome. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)