Refund unfairly retracted

Hi,

I was sold an item that was not as advertised (a supposedly 'extra small' coat that was the same size as a 'large' in most shops. Also, inferior quality item that didn't match the photograph). I complained to the seller, and was given a return address in Chinese. I emailed to ask for an address in English, and eventually received one. I paid for the return postage on my item (which, believe me, was not cheap) and sent it back within the requested timeframe. I forgot to mark it off online initially, but still did so within the required timeframe, so the seller knows it is on the way. Without warning, today they asked eBay to intervene and cancel my approved refund. I now have no coat and have paid for the return postage, meaning I am out of pocket twice for an item I don't believe I should have had to pay anything for.

I have called eBay to ask for an address to complain in writing, so that I can send screenshots and a photocopy of my postage receipt to prove it was sent well before the deadline.

However, the woman I spoke to had no grasp of English, and the line was terrible as I live in a poor quality signal area. I am not convinced she has understood the problem or what I am asking.

What would you advise I do?

With thanks in advance,

R

EDIT: Sorry, I probably didn't explain the postal address situation properly. The Chinese address was supplied to me as one continuous line, not on different lines as it was supposed to be. As I can't read Chinese, I couldn't format it properly. I was also under the impression that the building number and postcode had to be in English in order for the UK post office to enter the details for proof of purchase and tracking. Of course, I now realise I should have included the address in both English and Chinese - that is my mistake. However, I have always posted things to my friends living in China using English addresses and they have arrived no problem. Admittedly they have taken a long time, but they do always get there!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)