Returning a item that wasn't the same as ordered

HI i was wondering if anyone could help me by shedding some light on how returns work with ebay. I recently bought a item from a seller and instead of the ordered item i recieved a different item of the same type (instead of the model set i orderded they sent a different one). I have tried to contact the seller twice now over 5 days and havent had a response from them so i opened up a returns case. So i have recieved the label that i need to print off to send it back to the seller but what stops the seller from not refunding me or lying about the item condition etc. Im a bit woried that due to the fact he hasnt replied to the messages he wont refund me could anybody help me with this? Also will i be refunded the second postage or do i pay that myself to send the item back?

Kind regards Connor

View Entire Topic

You do not really need any "response" from the seller.  You opened the case and the label arrived.  I take it that you did not need to escalate the case as that is when eBay would arrange for the label.  If I am correct then the seller sent the label and it comes through eBay