Paid but wanted to cancel, international seller shipped anyway

Hi,

Bit of a complicated one this. I bought a rare DVD (buy it now not auction) from a seller on ebay.com. It looked fine but after I'd paid I noticed the back cover, while in good condition, didn't look right. Turns out it's a rental no longer in the right sized case (it's a 3-disc DVD set), it should be in a thick case but it's in a thinner one and a chunk of the back has been cut off to make it fit in a smaller case, with part of the spine now on the back. This isn't immediately apparent from the design and the fact there was light shining on part of it, but if I saw the side spine it would clearly look wrong.

Before the seller shipped I brought up my concerns and said would it be ok to cancel (I don't normally mess around like this). They just replied that it's a rental, the discs were fine and the liner was not torn or anything, but that wasn't really my problem. Basically I'm paying as much in shipping as I am for the item and would rather not pay that much for an item that isn't as "Very Good" as I thought it was.

I was expecting a second reply after I detailed the problem including a link to a picture of how the case should look, but I get notification that they sent it anyway.

Where do I stand on this? I don't think refusing international delivery is the right way to go.

Also, bonus problem, I couldn't log into Paypal when making the purchase (failed logins locked me out, maybe had caplock on and didn't realise? Don't know), so paid with my card instead which might complicate things.

Thanks!

-------------------------

How on earth do you reply here?!

I paid as a guest and it's showing in my eBay account as a Paypal purchase so that's ok.

I'm usually very careful about checking things over. I did thoroughly read the description (he didn't mention it was a rental) and it looked fine from the pic. I wasn't bothered about the cracked case but you can see here the problem isn't obvious (no side-on view was provided)

Back cover

It's a scrappy design and it's not like anyone ever compares these things, images aren't plentiful.

How it should look

and the spine

-Half the spine is now on the back

Yes sending it back would be a real PITA, which is why I'm a bit peeved he went ahead and posted it after I brought this up. He's insisting there's nothing wrong with it. Hopefully I can at least get a partial refund? How easy is it now Paypal has taken over this end?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)