Member To Member Support
The place for eBay buyers and sellers to ask Community Mentors questions about buying and selling on eBay.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Selling something twice

I have bougth an item, the bidding history clearly shows that... despite this, the seller said, that ebay sold something twice and wants me to cancel the transaction.Can this happen?

User avatar by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why

Why when u go to order something everyone's on holiday and can't get it...lucky things

Payment query

As a new seller I didn't realise my payment for a sale would be held by ebay for 14 days. Item has been despatched but I have no payment

Tracking service

Does anyone know who is in charge of the tracking screen when postage is purchased through eBay?Customer placed an order today at 1.26pmI bought the postage on line through eBay about 5 minutes later....Tracking said number was provided at wait for i...

Postage

Despite booking my parcels with ebays postal service. I am finding that they are not being registered for pick up somehow?despite me paying the extra for collection rather than drop off. anyone else experienced this?

Resolved! Clothing fees - women's stockings

Good morningNow that there are no fees for selling clothing, please could you tell me if this includes women's stockings please? I know there are still fees for selling shoes. I am assuming that stockings count as clothing but would appreciate confir...

Selling

Hi, help please I have sold an item, and marked it as it's been paid which they have via cash on collection. But it's on the dispatch page asking me for a delivery ref number I'm terms of posting. How can I resolve this to confirm the seller has coll...

User avatar by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packlink Evri Delivery woes

So I sent a product and it didn't arrive for 2 weeks. ebay Tracking link said (Your parcel is at the delivery depot and we'll let you know when it's out for delivery), after 8 days it still had not arrived and the buyer questioned it. I contacted Pac...

Special offer

I want to give a special offer price to those who have viewed/ are watching my item, but can't find how to do this. Can anyone help? Thank you

Customer couldn't choose click and collect

We had a customer that couldn't choose click and collect. Does anybody know of any known reasons why this might occur? Unfortunately (for us) they were able to choose a different supplier and order from them using click and collect. The customer said...

Return not credited

I received two pairs of shoes in one package. They didn't fit so returned them in same package together but am only being credited with one pair and they are asking me to return the other pair which I have already returned. I am going round in circle...

Refund

Hello I wonder if anyone can help.i have become very frustrated and disappointed at EBay lack of communication. I have on numerous occasions contacted the help centre and asked to speak to an agent and this has been refused.I did speak to someone who...

VERIFICATION ON BRANDED TRAINER

Hi I'm selling Dior trainers on ebay and some one messaged saying I have to send them to ebay first to clarify if they are genuine or fakes. I have clearly stated that they could be fakes because I haven't a clue and I would leave this to the buyer t...

Seller does not answer

I have bought an item and tried to contact the seller befor paying it, in order to get the pick up address and the dimensions of the item, because I wanted to hire a company that picks it up for me. There was no answer for more than a day, I have pay...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Additional postage charge

I bought an item from a lovely seller but the post office refused to deliver it saying that insufficient postage had been bought.I paid the additional postage of 3.50 looking at the postage label it says large letter 0.75.i weighed the parcel it was ...

Funds obstacles by ebay.

My wife and child of 2.6 years got hit by a motorbike. We are short of funds. I sold an item long ago to get as much cash in as possible to help costs. Ebay cause delay and because heart condition I am getting frustrated that can cause heart issue. T...

Posting

Can I send a item in a post box? If so do I have to put my own stamp on or do I just need the eBay label? Thanks

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Lithium battery return

I am trying to return a lithium battery as it does not fit the stated item, therfore is not fit for purpose. UK postal restrictions don't allow lithium batteries to be sent unless contained within a device, such as the laptop. I have told the seller ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ebay announced new Postal prices

Hi, recently Ebay announced the new Royal Mail Postal price changes. It states that Tracked 24 and 48 (large letter) was being reduced by 20p. But in fact put it UP by 20p for purchasing labels online!!! I tried calling customer service but got Berli...

nectar

H I used 10000 nectar points 14th March to buy a item and when going to check out it took the funds out of my paypal account now i cant find the vocher that was set up or when i go in to buy something else it still not comes up and as not gone back t...

Resolved! Seller says they cannot post item and wants to issue a refund instead of sending it. Is this safe?

I paid for an item on 10/04/24, which had an expected delivery date of between 15/04/24 and 22/04/24. The seller contacted me on the 15/04/24 to say, "...the item you purchased did not pass our quality test, so we cannot send it to you," and that the...

Error when generating label

Hi, can anyone help, I am getting an error code when trying to generate a postal label - ' something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label' this has happened a couple of times now, this time it's not allowing it at all either on compu...

Selling Product

Good morning I have a professional Canva account that I don't use and I want to know if I can resell them on ebay ?

Postage

this is my first time selling an item on eBay. I was wondering if I can trust the seller sending me a courier to pick the item up or is it like a marketplace that there are dodgy people and we cannot trust?

credit card rejected when paying insertion fees

I am being asked to pay my insertion fees. I go to the payment page and it asks me to register a credit card. I do that and the card is rejected. This has happened with both my cards over a couple of weeks of trying. They are both VISA cards at a maj...

User avatar by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Combined postage query

I'm confused! How does eBay work out fees if I refund seller for combined postage after they've paid. Will they regard this as lots of sales and charge 30p for each item? Do they take fees on the total amount paid before refund? Or after refund? Buye...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Feedback

A buyer has left negative feedback for not replying to a message which was not received by the seller.Ebay has messaged to say:Unfortunately we won’t be able to remove this comment because it doesn’t violate any of our Feedback policies.Suggestions p...

Not able to list

As anyone experienced problems when eBay keeps asking to verify my phone number when it is correct this has been going on for 2 weeks spoke to 5 agents they are useless. Any help would be appreciated.

removed listing

I listed a taxidermy macaca Fascicularis monkey which is not endangered species CITES Annex B Appendix II and ebay removed my listing. Can somebody tell me why? Thank you.

Resolved! EBay asking me to return unknown chemicals

Had a dispute with a seller where he sent "new" containers. They have turned up with chemicals in side. Raised a case with ebay they found in my favour. However they have asked me to return the containers. But as they have an unknown chemical I can't...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dispute with seller -

Hi I recently brought a new shaver, within two weeks the shaver has stopped working. I want to return the faulty item, but the seller has not sent me a returns label and seems to be delaying. I would like ebay to get involved but do not have that opt...

listing items

Not sure who can help but can somebody explain simply hoe the Featured Selling fees work, as I listed 1480 items (free listings) and the next month I removed 450 listings which had not sold and had sold 50 and uploaded 500 new items to keep the stock...

refund

hello there, my parcel has been missing for over a week now. it says its been delivered when i havent recieved it. i was at work all day when it said it was delivered, and none of my neighbours have collected the parcel. i am getting quiet frustrated...

Listed items not showing in shop

Hi - we are a charity and use the charitable shop for selling our donated items. I have 86 items listed as active, but if you go to the actual shop it says I have just 7 - I have looked at the settings and cannot see how to resolve this - has anyone ...

Unfair bid

Hi I have won a bid on eBay on Dior earrings and the seller have just refunded me the money and relisted and sold the earrings without telling me I need resolution for this

Irritating viewed item notifications

Is anyone else getting really annoyed by constant viewed item price drops and other messages. If I wanted to be kept updated I would add it to my watched items! In my Buying Activity Communications Preferences I have "Price Reduced on Item" notificat...

Faulty mower battery

I purchased a battery for a lawnmower in October tested it when arrived and the small amount of charge was enough to power the lawnmower however obviously I've only just come to use the mower and the battery will not fully charge and hold its charge,...

Returns

I've accepted a return cost 1.90 to post but eBay want to charge me 3.60 to get it returned so once returned I'm actually losing money

Unpaid items recorded against me.

Can anyone helpi made arrangements to collect 2 separate items and pay on collection as arranged with the seller.whilst waiting to collect on the pre arranged date I received a notification from eBay that the items (2 seperste occasions) had been clo...

THANK YOU EBAY

I just want to give a big THANKs to EBAY. The 1 month zero fees promo you gave me really helped me out a lot.I'm most grateful to you for it. I'm a small seller struggling to pay my houshold bills and your site really helps me to get by. I've always ...

Wrong delivery address

I purchased an item last night but when I paid for it I noticed my home address wasn't updated. I've tried contacting the seller 3 times to give them my updated address but they won't respond to any messages. What should I do? I have updated my addre...

Purchase of Apple iPhone 12 256GB

Hi Community, I tried to buy an Apple iPhone. I attempted to complete the transaction using my PayPal account. I didn't realise the seller didn't accept either the Pay in Three stage payments or PayPal credit options. I have, somehow, made three paym...

Negative feedback removal

Hello, Person purchased one of my items and after receiving it, immediately left a negative feedback. And reason for it "not as described". When I contacted buyer, the response was that she would never have purchased a used item. On my question, have...

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Buying

Why does ebay ask for feedback on my purchases, when i have not recieved them yet

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! no returns

one of the ram ddr4 has over heated and not working the all the package was all put together and squashed in the motherboard box didn't come in separated boxes came assembled and it doesn't state that on the buying page i would like a full refund but...

Resolved! Trying to buy a postage label

... and I keep getting taken to PayPal which I didn't even realise was still affiliated with EBay. Paypal seems to want access to my bank account which I am reluctant to allow. It never used to be so intrusive. All I want to do is use my nominated ba...

Global shipping scheme

I am not in the global shipping scheme yet when I went to invoice a buyer who won items in my auction ebay say it must go through this scheme, how do I resolve this problem?

Return cancelled

I bought a pair of motorcycle levers mid February and just got to fitting them , but they don't fit my motorcycle , the listing checked and I've contacted the seller . He apologised and said it's happens, he said open a return and follow e bay's retu...

Leather jacket order

Order no 02-11427-74233 real skin London got an email requesting measurements but when I replied it came up that 90 day rule wouldn't allow contact wired as the order was less than a week old

Ebay unable to create voucher

Though I have been using Nectar Vouchers with no problems, eBay is now unable to create one. The message I keep getting is 'We ran inti a problem and can't create your voucher right now. Please try again later', I have tried over a number of days wit...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! unfair feedback

so i sold an item the buyer ordered wrong item from me as my item was nothing like the one they were trying to replace i gave full refund and let them keep the item and yet i get a negative feedback were is this fair it was no fault on my part that t...

Evri

I've had a parcel delivered to a local shop but I've received no QR code for collection can I just use the collection number

Resolved! Seller forgot to add a reserve

Hello all, recently just won an auction- paid the seller moments later. He then messaged me saying he's forgotten to add a reserve price as he can't let it go for the price of the sale

Postage

Hi, i have just sold an item (clothing) and i have mistakenly paid for a large letter postage label. Is there any way I can change this to a small parcel or do I have to suffer the cost and buy a whole new label direct with the PO?many thanks

Hi my mobile app says im logged out but I can still do & see everything? when I've gone into settings it says im not logged in and not turned on the 2 step verification process (I have and used previously) so im therefore unable to log in on my lapto...

Leaking Coffee Pot

Bought a coffee pot back in December, no problem until mid March when l noticed leakage when picking up, close look and noticed small crack in side of pot. Contacted seller asking for replacement but have received no reply up to now. Can E Bay look i...

Resolved! Upgrading Postage Cost

Hi... I am not a regular ebayer and paid for a postage label directly with Ebay, only to take to the Post Office and be told it is not enough. I am not trying to charge the buyer anymore, but want to avoid having to pay twice for postage. Is there a ...

Evri

After a few disappointments regarding evri deliveries not turning up. Is there a filter to block sellers using evri from my search?

Coupon

Hi. I am trying to use 20 percent off coupon but it's not working. The seller told me about this coupon. It's not showing on the item page above the price. The seller sent me the code and a screenshot of how it appears on his page. I tried to enter i...

Something doesn't feel right

Hi,A Buyer in Thailand has paid for a collection only item in the UK and are asking for my phone number and address so that their 'sister' can collect the item.It just doesn't feel right to me. Does anyone have any similar experiences or know if this...

Payment Card setup for checkout

I recently set up a new VISA payment card for my Ebay seller account. I did this because I want the fees from my sold items to be received by this new card.The new card is appearing in the payment section, but I don't know how to set it up as the fee...

Resolved! Change of postage

Hi I'm new to selling and not sure if I've made a big mistake! I printed my postage labels but realised that I can't send the items via that option. I've taken the hit and paid for the correct postage option (24hr vs 48hr). However obviously the trac...

why does my search not work

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256479816895 why does it not show up when I type motorcycles and scooters, suzuki. Also when I view it why do loads of cheap bikes to restore appear, if i look for suzuki motorcycles and scooters, sorted by price they start...

Unlinked nectar account

Hi all , my nectar account has been unlinked without my say so and surprising I've only found out after making a substantial purchase , is there a way to get this back dated thanks

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dodgy seller

So I bought 12 solar panels. Half of which arrived milky and unusable. Seller then sent replacements that were also unusable. I open a return case, and they say they willsend more. Which they do, but they are also not usable. By now EBay has closed m...

Offers expiring within minutes

Twice this week i have received offers on items but the offer expired within minutes! The first time it showed the offer expired 5 minutes after i received the email. Tonight the emailed offer arrived in my inbox at 08.55 pm, when i went to respond i...

Reactivate Account

I've gotten the below, and it says for me to follow the link and contact them. I follow the link, click the contact us link, takes me to the Chat Assistant, I tell it that I want to reactivate, and it tells me to follow the instructions in the email ...

Return

I recently sold a gearbox to a buyer (£300) and personally delivered it to his chosen repair centre (50 miles away) at the agreed additional cost of £40. The buyer contacted me shortly afterwards claiming that after installation the gearbox was showi...

Seller Cancelled

Before placing a bid on an item I asked the seller if he would consider using a courier at my expense but didn't get an answer. I subsequently bidded and won the item and asked again about a courier. The seller refused which is fine by me but meant I...

inadvertently clicked on buy now while scrolling colours. Don´t want item. How to proceed?

While scrolling colours on an ebay shop - Shakti, I think it is called, I must have clicked Buy instead of clicking another colour - they are very close on my screen. I do not want the item but Ebay asking me to complete purchase. Have deleted my pay...

eBay not removing neutral feedback.

Feedback left by one of my customer:-'Got 2 mixed bags, wish I hadn't. Should have stuck with choosing the colour. A mixed bag only gives 1 of each colour so, if you have double zips you have to use different colours or make sure you buy 2 bags and h...

my correct details taken out by eBay, AGAIN !

I listed about 155 items, mostly books. When eBay said the item specifics were missing, I checked. eBay had taken the I.S.B.N. off some of my books. I had to look them out from 13 bookcases, & then add the I.S.B.N. numbers back in. I write everything...

Selling to jersey

I have sold an item to someone in Jersey. The postage is going to be nearly double what I asked for in the listing. Also I have had to pay a small amount of tax. Any advice

False feedback

It's not a big deal but an item that wasn't sent by a dodgy seller has received positive feedback from my account but I didn't send it, I've already been refunded as well

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sold not collected

Hello all. I sold something Feb 2nd but the buyer still hasn't collected. The buyer has asked me to post it to him, but it's collect only. Months are clicking away, the money has been spent already I cannot afford a refund. Help

Return

So I bought something for 15 quid and I asked for a refund then the seller is giving me back 10 quid?! They took a day to reply aswell! I need my money back!

Item Not Showing In Purchase History

I made a purchase recently, have an email confirmation and order ref and my credit card has been charged however the item hasn't arrived and isn't showing in my purchase history and the seller won't respond to messages.I can't seem to find any way of...

Refund

I purchased an item that I no longer needed. I asked seller if I could return item personally as the seller didn't live too far away from me. The seller said yes and for me to cancel my online return through eBay. 28 days have passed and the seller i...

Listing error

Hi, I have listed a pair of boots and they have 1 bidder. I have just realised the size is incorrect in the title and description. Although two of the photos show the correct size. I have amended the listing to say income size, what else should I do?...

Return postage label

Hi,the seller did not send the postal label, unfortunately the shipment is to China and it is expensive, I want to return a non-working tablet. What should I do now?

Hi my buyer paid for Evri postage. I clicked pay for postage label and it went through Royal Mail

Hi, My buyer paid for Evri postage. I purchased the postage label as normal and it came up as Royal Mail automatically? It has already come out of my PayPal account. This has never happened before and I've been selling since 2012. Thanks in advance f...

Account trouble

Hi there I'm having trouble getting on my sold items page an error code saying java.io.lo.excepion just keeps coming up for the last few weeks now I've been using ebay for a long time now I've tried reloading ebay app I can get on it with my computer...

Partial refund issue - I'm a seller

I sold a set of items and one was supposedly damaged on arrival. I offered a partial refund which was rejected, but the buyer suggested a higher partial refund that I've agreed. However I can't see how to do that through eBay as it's no longer giving...

ipod headphones i have just bought

The seller asked me if i minded that they were not packaged, well yes i do, i want ipod headphones because they work rather well, that's why i bought them, but the seller is trying tosend me others, i do not want them at all.

I have not received the item I have reported this and they say it was delivered .This has happened t

I have not received this item the seller did not send it to my address there is no reason for it to have got lost as I have checked on the order please look in to this matter as this has happened before and I lost money.I am going to have to stop usi...

Posting a new item for sale

Morning! I am starting to post an item, and I am not sure why the amount I chose to list it for changes to a higher amount when it appears on line. The item was set at £4.99, but come up as £5.24. Could I ask why that happens? Many thanks.

UK to UK transaction being charged VAT

Our top bidder has messaged us to say he will be charged VAT. We are in the UK, and have only ever been here. We are private sellers. Buyer is also in UK. Neither of us can make any contact with eBay to clarify why VAT is being applied. Can we only c...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

What does 'Royal Mail label will be deducted from buyer's purchase price refund' mean?

I sold an item and the buyer couldn't get it to work.The next buyer would most probably have the same problem so I've decided to let the buyer keep the item and I'm going to give a full refund.As the buyer will not be sending the item back to me, I'm...

Fake items

Over an average year, I would say that I receive 30% fake, copies, poorer quality, damaged items than the ones in the photos in the listing. I used to phone ebay and report the problem, but nothing ever really happened. The seller would still carry o...

Nectar again

We ran into a problem and can't create your voucher right now. Please try again later.Remaining points can be redeemed later. This happened about a month ago, and now again. More Technical issues for eBay to sort out Sunday April

Hi

I ordered yesterday from Ebay and it's my first time... But I need to change the address it wrong.. How I can change it?

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Complaint about one seller

I oder last month but the seller does not dispatched the product not even replay back and ebay does not help me to take my money back..they said return item and get your refund but how can i return when item is not disatched by seller

Refund

Hi I'm trying to refund a buyer . EBay tells me I can't as I have to add a payment option. I've done this ( several times). Any ideas how I move this forward?

Hi, my e Bay account on the app has a banner across my username saying Log in, as far as I know I am logged in, I am able to buy & sell & read messages. When I touch it to log in, nothing happens, it's just there! over my name so unable to see feedba...

EBAY locker boxes

near me there is a locker box with the EBAY logo on it from head to toe. I assume that it's the ebay version can i use it by scanning the label code because i dont have a printer??????

I canceled my card got a new one went to buy something but the automatic fill on the card wa

I had to get a new card , when I did I went to buy something but the automatic payment method obviously didn't have the correct info so it said still pending. I closed the app down reopened it and changed the information and re ordered , lone n behol...

Item delivered to wrong address

Hi, I ordered a medicine a couple of weeks ago. The tracking number provided was showing that the delivery has been delayed. I contacted the seller and I was told that the item was delivered and I should check with the royal mail where have they deli...

Verifying bank account message

Just sold my first item for a while and I've been paid in full, but I have a big red banner saying I have to verify my account. I haven't received the 2 micro amounts, just the full payment for my sale. How do I get rid of the notification?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reported item that is counterfeit

I purchased what was described as a 1 oz precious metal silver coin on Ebay but when it arrived it was a copy/fake/counterfeit base metal lookalike and not silver. I used the Report Item tag on the sellers page but immediately received an email telli...

Returning an item

I have purchased an item that was damaged (holes and catches). The seller seems to be based in the USA but the item was sent from the UK. It was not clear that the item was worn out but she insists that it is. She wants me to pay for return postage t...

How to answer this question?

Hi EBay CommunityI have sold a denim shirt brand new from Primark priced at £7.99 with £3.60 postage date brought was 6th April item number is 134980699807now on the listing I don't do refunds.however I have received this message and not sure how to ...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Item not arrived

Hello thought my item had arrived do messaged seller asking for a refund as item not as described but upon opening package was a different package containing another sellers item ! Should have checked! I've opened a return to the seller thinking it w...

Promoted listings

I promoted just one of my listings for £0.50 and now all of them are automatically promoted incuring higher additional fees on all of my sales. How do I switch it off please? Thanks Tina

User avatar by Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Faked Account IS BACK YET A G A I N !!!! :( :(

This was suppossed to be escalted two /three weeks ago??? Opened EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO and all of this is thanks To The Dark Web; no body here or of what was the closely binded account under PayPal UK SARL DARES TO ADMIT THE OBVIOUS ON THEIR FACES .... ...

Fake goods

I have mistakingly bought some fake Rukka textile motorcycle trousers. The seller has issued a refund as soon as I complained, but wants me to send them back. Question is, do I? Some other poor person will buy them if I do. How do I go about this? An...

Warranty

Hello, I have a question because I bought a doorbell in June 2023 and it broke today. I wanted to contact the seller and discuss the warranty, but I cannot send him a message. what should I do ? 

1000029479.jpg