Non working item leaves me £12.85 out of pocket.

I ordered and received from Hong Kong an electronic item costing £20.85. It didn't work.

The seller asked for a video of the problem which I sent.

They offere £4 refund and I keep the item which could be repaired locally.

I declined.

They offered £10 and said this would be cheaper for them and me - I could have the item repaired locally.

It's impossible to find anybody in the UK to make this repair at such a low price - or even at all.

I returned the item "signed for" at a cost of £12.45 as directed by the seller.

I opted for a refund rather than another item as I now had no confidence in the quality of the seller's goods.

Eventually, after some further chasing, I received a refund of the original price but no refund of the return postage.

Now the conditions were "buyer pays return postage". This is reasonable for a working item returned because it was mis-ordered or no longer required. But for a faulty item, I assume and require that the seller should take full responsibility as required by the "Sales of Goods Act 1973

Summary: All goods must be:

1) As described

2) of satisfactory quality

3) fit for purpose.

A non-functioning item is certainly not of "satisfactory quality" so I claim the seller is in breach of contract.

All this has taken more than 60 days and is still not resolved as far as I am concerned. I wish at the very least to give feedback which warns others of the danger of using this seller, but my 60 days are up so it seems I can't leave feedback now.

I have spent much time and effort, and negotiated politely but firmly with the seller but ended up £12.45 out of pocket with no working item. I'm so upset and cross with the seller. They should refund the £12.85 and apologise for their mistake.

What can I do now?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a question