Mini digger purchase

Hi iam looking to buy a digger the seller has offered me a 14 return on digger through eBay I have to pay with PayPal which doe not cover diggers is my money safe and can I get it back

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

You've answered your own question. Paypal does not cover diggers, so no, your money is not safe.

Pay only in cash after you have thoroughly inspected and test driven, and checked the legal stuff.

@trawdenjoiner2

SCAM SCAM SCAM

Mini diggers are like any vehicle & the rules are the same (basically)

• Vehicle sales are Caveat Emptor

• There is no protection in eBay or Paypal for vehicle sales

• There are a few simple rues when buying any vehicle on ebay.....

Never buy a vehicle other than cash on collection
• Always inspect thoroughly BEFORE handing over any money
• Ensure you check the vehicle is HPI clear
• Ensure the vehicle is not on the insurance database
• Only collect from the address on the V5
• Make sure chassis & engine numbers match those on the V5
• Make sure these numbers also match those on any MOT certificates
• Check the vehicle MOT history online (free at https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history) taking special note of past fails & advisories
• Ideally take someone who knows their way around cars like a mechanic
• Look online for any reprted faults on the make/model you are considering purchasing & look for any of these on the actual car
• The absolute ideal is to arrange an AA inspection before purchase.....all respectable sellers should allow this

• EBAY DO NOT OPERATE ANY SCHEMES WHERE YOU WILL HAVE 7/14 DAYS (ETC) TO CHECK A VEHICLE & IF NOT HAPPY CLAIM A REFUND - IF ANY SELLER SUGGESTS THIS THEN RUN A MILE AS IT IS THE OLDEST SCAM IN THE BOOK !!

• EBAY AND PAYPAL HAVE NO HOLDING BANK ACCOUNTS

• EBAY ANFD PAYPAL DO NOT OFFER ANY DELIVERY SERVICES

This is a well-known scam and it is great that you had the common sense to check here first.  There is absolutely no eBay involvement, no buyer protection, no vehicle, no seller temporarily working on an oil rig or whatever.  The listing will be on a compromised account and will be a copy of a genuine listing probably completed over a year ago.

Never pay before inspecting the vehicle, testing it, doing the hpi etc checks.  Pay cash and drive away is the aim.