Is this a scam

Someone as messaged me asking me about an item im selling a diamond ring on the condition and the price.I messaged back  with the info needed and also said I'd advertise the ring on buy it now if it helped.,then they committed saying they was out of town they couldn't bid on  the item and would give me twice the price which left me wondering 'scam' they said it's a gift for a friend for Christmas and they want me to post it overseas to them they'll also include the cost of international delivery. so basically they want me to post it to the person there buying it for and do the transaction outside ebay.they then asked me to send my email address they gave me theres and said to request a paypal payment from them.I'm scratching my head thinking this isn't right I'm quite new to ebay and I'm sure I'm right in saying I haven't be fooled by th them and this could have been a scam..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

If it looks like a scam and sounds like a scam it is a scam! And a very old one.

You would have received a bogus email pretending to come from PayPal and telling you that the item had been paid for and should now be dispatched. By the time you realised your diamond would have been on its way abroad - probably to Nigeria.

Answers (0)