Getting repeated "We believe someone used your account" emails despite nothing wrong.

Over the past week or so I've been getting emails saying that Ebay believes there has been unauthorised use of my account. I know the emails are real because after typing in the ebay.co.uk url by hand and trying to check my account it says that my password has been reset and I need to make a new one.

I did that despite finding zero evidence that my account has been tampered with at all. I looked through my latest bids and found that all of them were ones that I bid on myself. I checked my paypal too and all the transfers are my own.

Is there anything I can do to tell Ebay that my account is saf right now? I've only been using it on my desktop which only I have access to.

EDIT: Can't see how to reply to comments at all. The latest email uses my user ID but at the same time all the links in the email are for things like the help section of Ebay rather than a link to change my password. So if it's trying to be a phishing email it's not making it easy to hook people. Regardless, I'm wiping my cookies just in case.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)