Do I have any recourse with a private seller i bought an item from 2 months ago

I bought a samasung galaxy S4 two  months ago from a  private seller which was described as "in excellent all round condition" and cosmetically it was... however i did notice it would get a bit hot so i checked on line and appently it is a very common issue withe these phones and they are designed to cope with excess heat... however..i put mine on charge this morning and it over heated and died..a local tech has told me that the mother board is dead and that it will cost more than the phone is worth to fix

do i have any recourse with the seller at all ?.....im assuming no..but i live in Hope as i paid full price for the phone because cosmetically it was in excellent condition..however i think now they probably sold it because it had an overheating issue or they guessed it may have been on its way out..

it did perform as expected for 2 full months and then simply expired

and yes i have tried every trick in the book to get it restarted

it is now an ex phone it is definately pushing up the digital daisies

Thanks

Stuart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

It is already too late to make any claim under eBay's money back guarantee.

You can if you wish try making a claim under Paypal's 180 day buyer protection period, but it is explicitly NOT a warranty. These buyer protection policies are designed to protect buyers when an item doesn't arrive or is not as described when it does. Your claim after two months use is liable to be refused, but you can try if you want.

Answers (0)