At Mercy of winninf bidder for FVF 3993ann 231634969694

eBay item number:

Hi there, this ebay member recently contacted me and placed an offer on this laptop from Italy. I told him I did not wish to send to italy as cheapest price with insurance cost me too much. It there was any problem with the laptop I would be on the recieving end of a return shipment bill and then yet another bill to return the item after a problem was solved. This is happened to me recently on another laptop within the uk. It being an italy would run up the pretty price of an additional £150 in courier fees, tracked, with insurance (3 trips-if there was a problem)

I duly did this on the one I sold inside of the uk, as it was the right way to act. I was left out of pocket. I am not prepared to post to Italy and due to Ebay's mechanics in this regard I am now at the mercy of the buyer to select the right option (I agree to the cancelation) in order to recieve my FVF back, which on this item is a fairly hefty fee of £35. I do not wish to throw £35 into the wind. I do not wish to ship to Italy and I do not wish to pay potentially £150 additionally for any potential returns. I am sure there would be none, but cant always be sure given computer users are made up of a varierty of people with varying degrees of experience in there usage.

I feel this problem, where a seller, declines a sale in a similar situation to this, needs highlighting. It is vastly unfair. I wished to pre-warn customer services and have this request noted and filed on my record. If the buyer agrees to cancel the transaction, all is well and good, but still this problem needs addressing. I am sure you have had many other similar emails to this one.

If the buyer disagrees to cancel the transactin. I would like my FVF paid back to me please and any negative feedback remedied. As a 100% seller, I have always dealt with buyers and sellers with integrity and fairness, and I expect ebay to operate in concert to this effect. Please keep this message on record, in case I must write to you once again after the scenario is resolved one way or the other. Either way, please flag this problem with senior management or provide details so I may address the issue with them. It is not fair for honest sellers to have FVF taken by ebay when no transaction has taken place. It is incorrect for honest sellers to be left to the mercy of a potential buyer as to whether they will have FVF returned to them based on the reply from a buyer that has already been told NO on a similar listing.

Yours Sincerly
3993ann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a question