Anyone frustraded with eBay custome support????

Hi All,

I recently sold an Apple Ipod Shuffle first generation brand new, unused and in its original packaging which was sealed and never opened.  I sold this as described on eBay of which the buyer complained that after receiving the item as described eg sealed and new in original packaging, that the ipod would only hold a charge of a few seconds. He then asked for a refund. I contacted eBay for advise, they explained that i had done everything correctly and suggest i send a reply to the buyer stating that the buyer should take the item to an authorised Apple store to have the item evaluated and to get a report on the fault. The buyer refused and simply asked for his money back. I again contacted eBay who then stated i should not reply back to the messages from the buyer and that if the buyer attempted to contact eBay to resolve the issue. they would find in my favour. Low and behold, i received an email from eBay to state they found in favour of the buyer.

Has anyone else ever experienced this from eBay? I again contacted eBay to explain the above and they simply said i can appeal the case. this is very bizarre as i was told by eBay customer support that i had done everything correctly and i would win the case if the buyer tried to dispute this and then they go and do the complete opposite?

I am very wary of selling on eBay now, and will possibly close my account in frustration.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a question