Business Seller Board
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Are buyers leaving more negs of late

I've had more negs and neuts in the last couple of months than I've had in the entirety of the 2020s up to now. They also seem to be for more trivial reasons. The most recent one was someone complaining I'd not communicated with them because their it...

Customer return claim

Hi,I am hoping to get some help.I sell as a business on ebay and do get disheartened at times with some experiences with customers on here. Today I have had another issue, a customer purchased a large item (carpet roll) around 250 miles from us on 15...

Attempted scam on first purchase

Just received notification that a buyer is disputing a purchase stating that they don't recognise the transaction. It is an £18 that shows as having been delivered yesterday. It is their first purchase on eBay. Hopefully eBay will side with me on thi...

Resolved! Buyer cancelled claim

Hi, I haven't been a seller in eBay for a very long time (since you could leave negative feedback for buyers). My God has this taken a turn for the worse... I had a buyer complain about a damaged item. The photos were suspicious, but let's go. Buyer ...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Read the flipping manual.

Sold a model train controller.Buyer came back and said its hard to use.He says you have to keep scrolling through menu to do anything.And to get back to the top of the menu he has to skip through the whole menu.Therefore he wants to send it back. I a...

eBay’s INAD policy is an absolute joke. eBay doesn’t care about it’s sellers.

A family member of mine listed an item & got shafted because of eBay's policy that rewards buyers for making fraudulent claims. The item was exactly as described, clearly shown in pictures as unboxed, but new and unused. Only opened to check contents...

Chargeback for misuse of eBay system

Five sales to Ukraine. Five accounts, all to same Ukraine address.eBay have deregistered accounts for breaking rules.Buyer has now opened two Chargebacks.eBay is making me responsible for paying the Chargebacks even though they allowed the person to ...

Resolved! Yodel failing to deliver parcel and buyer has opened a case but the system doesn't allow me to make

A parcel was sent out on schedule to a customer via Yodel. Yodel tracking shows that there were 3 attempts to deliver and the courier was unable to deliver the parcel. The tracking information was then updated to show that parcel was being held in th...

February - The Month of Scammers?

Hello everyone - just looking to see if anyone else is noticing the rise of 'scams' this month.Been on ebay over 20 years, and business seller for the last several and have always come across the odd scammer here and there but this month I have had 4...

Extortion?

A buyer has sent a message claiming an item was not as described and that the description is misleading followed by a demand for a 50% refund for his troubles or to send a different item instead. This despite sending me pics demonstrating that what h...

Ripped off by EBay

Had an international buyer who decided not to accept delivery of item due to an import tax being applied by his local office. He opened a dispute with EBay and won as he had "not received" the item, I had to give a full refund and £14 to EBay for the...

Misled by eBay on distance selling laws and made to issue a refund - private seller

Hi, please go easy as this is my first post. So I am a private seller - 20 years eBay, 1200 rating and 100% positive feedback. I sold a tool chest on wheels on eBay as a 7 day auction. Collection only and stated clearly that no returns are accepted a...

Missing 1 item out of 3

Hi, my question is.. I've sold 3 items for one buyer. He claims that he has received just 2 out of 3 items (It was sent as 1 parcel), but I'm sure for 100% that there were 3 items. What is the best solution in this case? Return and refund, send missi...

Got business selling related questions? Start here: