eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Get inspired!
nellie1831
Community Member

How do I allow someone to bid from Australia when I have already changed my settings for that item?

Hi,

I have removed postal restrictions for an item that someone wishes to buy who lives in Austraila. She still can't bid so I am not sure what to do next. I do have other listings which have postal restrictions in place, could they affect this one item? 

Thank you for your time! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
auntiesceb77
Community Member

Re: How do I allow someone to bid from Australia when I have already changed my settings for that it

in reply to nellie1831

Maybe she has unpaid strikes or other policy violations that you are blocking.  Or she is a new buyer and is up to her limit.  Or does it still say seller doesn't post to your country?

Please use plain text.
frinton1000
Community Member

Re: How do I allow someone to bid from Australia when I have already changed my settings for that it

in reply to nellie1831

Check the reason she cannot bid by looking at your Buyer Requirements Activity Log.

Under the Account tab of My Ebay, choose "Site Preferences". Under "Buyer Requirements" you will find a link called "Buyer Requirements Activity Log". Click on this and it will show you everyone who has been blocked from bidding on your items over the last couple of months. You should easily be able to work out which buyer it is (User IDs are hidden) from the feedback score and the item.

On the right hand side it will give you the reason why she was blocked.

If it is something like UPI strikes, you might want to add her to your blocked bidder list, so that once the UPI strikes have dropped off her account she is still unable to bid (she may be annoyed you have blocked her once and take it out on your feedback for example). Clearly this has its limitations, but you might still want to do it.

Please use plain text.