Summer or Winter, which do you prefer ?

Personally I cant wait for  the winter, snuggleing up on the sofa, hot chocolate, wellie boots, steaming bowls of soup with crusty rolls,

stews and bread and butter pudding,

Maybe I have just had enough of the hot nights, baked garden, watering the plants twice a day, sweaty people getting too close.

Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

I like the cold weather as my knee don't play as much, but in the hot weather it tends to swell and makes it difficult to walk.

Message 2 of 28
See Most Recent

I much prefer summer.  The one good thing about winter is that I can sleep better when it's cooler.  My arthritis is bad enough in summer but it's worse in winter.  Also, if the weather's bad in winter, we can't get the car off the drive.  If we could, the main roads would be alright but it's getting to them.  Also, we only have one bus service where I live and if the weather's bad, it doesn't even come round here and that's if we could get to the bus stop.  From the end of next month, we'll be stocking up on essentials such as milk, tea, coffee, bread for freezing and the like.

Message 3 of 28
See Most Recent

I like the winter and snow! But....it plays havoc with my Raynaud's; then again, the hot weather is awful combined with my hot flushes! So, defo Winter for me.

Message 4 of 28
See Most Recent

I think that there's only me that prefers summer.

Message 5 of 28
See Most Recent

i am a snow and cold person.give me winter any time.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 6 of 28
See Most Recent

SUMMER heart

its cold & miserable  in winter & I never want to leave the fire Smiley LOL

" I do love knitting patterns.”
-- Dumbledore, The Half-Blood Prince (2005)
Message 7 of 28
See Most Recent

CK, I am glad that it's not just me that prefers summer.

Message 8 of 28
See Most Recent

Summer for me too heart sunshine, warmth, long days, pretty gardens, lovely fruit and veg.

Although I love boots, scarves, hats and soups and stews, but dislike the short days and the cold. Hope we have a short mild winter! Cat Very Happy

Message 9 of 28
See Most Recent

I hate the winter. I can't drive in the dark so am stuck in after dusk. I worry about falling when it's icy so I am a prisoner in my own house when it is. It's so expensive to heat the house, infact I can't think of one thing I like about the winter. I hate snow too! lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 28
See Most Recent

I prefer summer, certainly.  Lovely long bright days and light evenings.  I hate it when it's all grey and you need the lights on by 3pm.  The evenings are so long and boring.  I don't like the thought of my children having to drive in the snow and ice.  Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 28
See Most Recent

No contest, has to be summer.  I too hate driving in the snow and having to clear the drive to get the car out - bleurgh - no thanks.  Our house and street, in the winter.Ebay 3 Mar 437.jpg

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 12 of 28
See Most Recent

Summer, no contest!  I love it being light, going to seaside as much as I can, holiday,

long hours of light and loads and loads of lovely trips out for me to drive people to

in summer. 

Also better light to see to do crafty stuff and swimming outdoors, I love that.

I can't stand being all bundled up in heavy winter clothes and having to wear so many

gloves to stop my fingers going white.

I do love the snow though, I must admit, especially when I go to work early and nobody's

disturned it.  It's so exciting driving the school bus down the lanes when nobody else

has been down there, it's so beautiful.

Message 13 of 28
See Most Recent

Ed...I am going to be quite contradictory but actually I prefer Spring and Autumn. I hate being cold - and I cant afford to heat the house too much in the winter...and being fair skinned the hot weather is not comfortable for me and teenager. I love walking the dog in the autumn and kicking the leaves...and I love spring for seeing the new buds coming through in the hedgerows and trees.

Sorry for being different 😉

Remember - it takes 17 muscles to smile and 44 muscles to frown - SO KEEP SMILING 🙂
Message 14 of 28
See Most Recent

I think it would be true to say I like all the seasons really, but summer the best.

Tintin, yes Autumn is lovely for its colours, the joy of all the leaves being blown

about as you walk along.  The first signs of new life in spring, all very special.

Message 15 of 28
See Most Recent

Yes Spring is a lovely season. I agree with that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 16 of 28
See Most Recent

autumn for me too, I like the summer if it's not too hot, I can't stand the heat, I love to be in my garden and sitting in the evening on my swing enjoying the fruits of my hard hard labour!!!

but.....I like the dark nights, I can snuggle up on the sofa with all my bits of sewing and make some Christmas deccies,  I will have done the mincemeat and it's sitting quietly in the cupboard, and Christmas is coming!!!

trust me to be awkwardSmiley Very Happy

Photobucket

Message 17 of 28
See Most Recent

I say winter as im a winter baby and have a Fetish for SNOW. But it can get too miserable and you long for the sun on your body and the natural warmth.

Winter i think though.

Woman LOL

Message 18 of 28
See Most Recent

Tin Tin I think that at heart I am with you and prefer the Spring and Autum where you get the best of both worlds, not too hot and not too cold.

We live in the country and in the winter we are quite often cut off, and in the summer its so hot, flies and combines thundering through the village night and day.

Spring ah, daffodils and primroses, baby lambs and leaves bursting out.

Autumn falling leaves, wellies and puddles, beautiful colours and harvest festival.

Message 19 of 28
See Most Recent

I am a Winter person.

Message 20 of 28
See Most Recent