Downloading a TV programme to DVD

Hello! These forums have always been very helpful in the past so am coming here for advice. 

My my father lives abroad and has worked in the hotel industry all his life. He is now retired. There is currently a programme on channel 4 called "A very British hotel". It's all about a luxury hotel in London and how it's run. It 

s a behind the scenes type documentary. My dad understand English and I know with his background he'd love it. 

Pribkem is, if I send him the link he can't watch it in Italy because of licensing laws here. my dad is worried about using these vpn avoidance sites as he thinks it will download a virus. One one suggested dowlanding onto a DVD from the programme being on a recorder box? Does anyone know how to describe this better, or where I can get this done. Am willing to pay for this. Currently there are 3 programme just under an hour long each. Thank you 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

You can get DVD recorders or simply record as video and then have this transferred to another media such as DVD.

Another way is simply to burn the TV episodes/series from computer onto DVD. The 3 episodes of "A Very British Hotel" are on Catch up on C4's website.There are many youtube demonstrations of how to do this. Just one example below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ujJalQ-nt4

Not sure on the situation regarding copyright law and whether C4 allow downloading of their catch up service

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Thank you so much, I will try downloading it. Appreciate your help, sofia 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

You may have already found a solution, if so thats good

Downloading from C4 will give you a 7 day limit, after which it expires,and making a copy isn't easy

There is a site which could be accessed from Italy where you can see all three episodes and even download them

If you're still looking let me know and I will point you to the site

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

This is illegal

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent