Ceramic hob

Got a ceramic hob - only had it 6 months as part of a new kitchen.

During a clumsy moment, I've spilt fat on one of the rings. I couldn't clean it off right away as the ring was on, and by the time it had cooled down the fat was burnt on solid. sob

Iv'e tried the usual cleaning products - flash, hob cleaner, vinegar,lemon juice, and scraping with a plastic thingy, and it won't budge. 

Any one got any tips on what I can use that won't damage the hob ??  Will it eventually burn off, or am I stuck with it for ever slight_frown

Any suggestions will be hugely appreciated.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Ceramic hob

I know you said you've used a hob cleaner. I always used hob brite and that was excellent on my hob, but I never left the stains for long. Failing that you could try Tableau Carbon Remover, not cheap (about £8) but I believe that is effective, although have never tried it myself

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Ceramic hob

Thanks for your reply. 

I never leave the stains either - the whole idea of a ceramic hob was that it was easy to clean with just a wipe, and I've cleaned it every day. So far so good.  But this fat spilled onto a ring that was on full heat so I couldn't wipe it off before it burned on solid.  I've not heard of Tableau carbon remover before - do you know where I can get it, and is it safe for ceramic hobs ?  I don't want to do more damage than  I've already done.

Thanks again.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Ceramic hob

OK I have found plenty for sale here on ebay, and it says it's for hobs so should be OK.  thanks for the info.

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Ceramic hob

I use Oven Pride on my oven, hob and even on the glass door BUT my sister goes daft at me for doing so! I've had no adverse effects doing this, just smear it on the hob for a couple of hours and then wash it off, works for me and have been doing it for a couple of years, if my oven falls apart any time soon as a result I will let you know! Whatever you decide to use I hope it works and gives a good result

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Ceramic hob

Hmm, I did think of that.  I also use it on the glass oven door, but I was a bit worried about the hob.  But now you've said it's OK maybe I'll try a teensy weensy bit on a back corner first.  Thanks.

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Ceramic hob

Whenever I spill anything on mine I use hob bride and one of those plastic sponge scrubs,just keep scrubbing in the one spot till it comes off they don't scratch at all.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent