Drop down menus and some links not working

Last night a problem appeared with the drop down menus and some links. For example when I first go to ebay.co.uk the drop down menus dont work, ie they ont drop down, I need to click on community then the drop downs work. Also some links such as the "change" link for changing your landing page has stopped working, when I hover over it "javascript void" appears in the bottom left of the screen. This is happening on Chrome anf Firefox. Internet Explorer has stopped working completely at the same time unless I disable add-ons.

Message 1 of 20
See Most Recent
19 REPLIES 19

What operating system (including service pack level if its Windows) are you running?

Message 2 of 20
See Most Recent

Seems like you are not the only one...

Similar problem reported on this thread:-

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/eBay-UK-Community/Signing-out/m-p/2189314#M1718

Oxie...

Message 3 of 20
See Most Recent

I thought it was just me. "More actions" droPdown is not working and I am unable to leave feedback as I cannot select the text box.

Message 4 of 20
See Most Recent

Hi,

Did you ever resolve the problem of the drop down boxes not working as this has happened to me today. I can't mark my items as dispatched.

Thanks

Message 5 of 20
See Most Recent

Cleared out the cookies and cache and that's done the job. Ctrl + Shift + Delete.

Message 6 of 20
See Most Recent

Hi, the problem just fixed itself somehow.

Message 7 of 20
See Most Recent

Hi all, I have had exactly the same problem.

I had Adobe Flash disabled for some time now so figured that it may have something to do with it and it had, all working now.

Hold cursor anywhere on open ebay page and right click, click on "view page info". Click permissions then click on "Allow" against "Java Deployment Toolkit" and again on "java TM Platform". Close "view page info" window and reload Ebay. Mine worked after that.

I did however go back into "view page info" add unchecked the "Allow" boxed and checked default instead, safer that way. All buttons still work just fine.

Hope this helps guys.

Message 8 of 20
See Most Recent

same problem here. Right clicking as you say does not open anything that says "view page info".

Message 9 of 20
See Most Recent

I am having the same problems and links to sold and unsold items have disappeared. Glad its not just me but wish it could be solved as I need for selling items.

Message 10 of 20
See Most Recent

I'm having the same problems on a couple of computers and chrome and ie.  Drop downs for feedback, etc, not working.

Message 11 of 20
See Most Recent

Login via the ebay.com website, rather than ebay.co.uk as that doesn't have the problem. Ebay are aware and there are several threads on the seller tools forum.

The fault appears to affect more than just IE - it seems to be some versions of all the main browsers.  As the drops downs use javascript, it may be a java rather than browser related issue - which would explain the inconsistencies reported.

Message 12 of 20
See Most Recent

I have same issues as above. Tried it on various computers with IE & Chrome, none of them work, cleared Cach etc, makes no difference at all

Message 13 of 20
See Most Recent

When will ebay act on this???

Message 14 of 20
See Most Recent

robinson_flyer wrote:

As the drops downs use javascript, it may be a java rather than browser related issue

Java - a programming language that some web pages use and Javascript, a browser add-on, have nothing to do with each other except for the use of "java" in the name.

Message 15 of 20
See Most Recent

Message 16 of 20
See Most Recent

Well I wrote a post about how my drop down menus arn't working either, but it seems my messages appear blank too using Firefox 🙂

Using IE everything seems fine, but with Firefox .co.uk and .com don't work - tried clearing cookies, disable/enabling addons.

Hopfully this post will appear.

Message 17 of 20
See Most Recent

I have been trying to correct this for weeks.  I assumed it was an IE8/XP issue on my computer.  

Everything works on an IE9/ Windows 7 PC, but on an IE8/XP PC a listing picture will not 'zoom'. If there are aux pictures they show as thumbnails, but nothing happens if you click on them, and the main picture will not enlarge. Also the 'questions and answers about this item' box is missing.

It is NOT an issue with the PC, I have tried so many things then in desperation I decided to try different ebay sites, and discovered it IS an ebay fault.

ebay.co.uk;  ebay.com;  ebay.ca;  ebay.de ALL have the same errors

BUT

ebay.ie;  and ebay.fr each display everything CORRECTLY.

SO IF THE PAGES DISPLAY CORRECTLY ON TWO EBAY SITES this MUST be a coding error on the others, manifesting itself in IE8.

I hesitate to try to inform ebay of this, as my fear they will change the sites the faults are NOT occurring on

The bottom line is, if these faults have started on your PC and you have not made any changes to it, don't.  Contact ebay, the problem is originating at their end, but we are suffering from it.

Message 18 of 20
See Most Recent

HERE IS THE FIX ...

I was experiencing exactly the same issue. 

When I was viewing an item for sale at Ebay.co.uk using Mozilla Firefox, and there was a drop-down menu choice e.g. 'size01 size02 size03'.  The menu would not respond by clicking with the cursor.

I am using Mozilla Firefox, and my browser window was not maximised, when I maximised it to the screen size, the drop-down menu functions normally, and everytime I came out of maximised, the drop-down menu did not work. 

The only website I experienced this with was Ebay.co.uk.

That is some pretty damn lousy coding for 2019!

SOLUTION:  Maximise your browser window.

Message 19 of 20
See Most Recent

Everything on my Ebay works fine apart from when i want to buy any item .Enter it in the top and the pages load up with the items then the page disapears , all i can see is the page numbers . This has been going on for 7 days with me unable to buy anything. I have had 2 call backs from Ebay 6 days ago and yesterday too. They have not got a clue what is wrong , all i get off them is everything is ok their end with my account. Well all my selling items are getting no views at all and as they finish i havn't relisted them. What is the point as they are not getting any views and i can't get to see anything to buy. Ebay is getting worse and worse. I am on Chrome mac , tried Firefox & Safari, and tried the Ebay .com the US site and it's all still doing the same. so flipping fedup 

Message 20 of 20
See Most Recent