Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Adding to basket issue

Hi marco@ebay In relation to the basket issue i raised on weekly chat here is a link as requested https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155001741647 So for example if you choose the 10mm wide ribbon with a length of 10m enter the details in the personalisation ...

Setting the "DEFAULT" search location.....

How difficult would it be, for eBay to allow you to set the DEFAULT search location."Default" is an option, so it must have a setting somewhere, but there it no way to set it.Would be nice to not have to set it all of the time.It could also influence...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 50 replies
  • 37 kudos

contacting ebay

Why has eBay stopped having phone number for customer services because the common frequent questions dont always answer your query and cant post it on here!?

Fed up with UK based sellers shipping from China!

It's getting more and more frustrating having to determine whether items are actually UK based or not.So many sellers who have a UK based address are shipping from China. It's a painstaking process to go through.Some are easier than others to identif...

Unable to purchase items from U.S sellers

Over the last few years I have been buying model kits from the United States but his year I can't seem to find any listing that will ship to the United Kingdom. On their listing, they will post to most countries but the U.K is not listed. I am sure t...

Auto paid removal

How to remove or disable the option of autopaid on offers you made for a seller ... it's absolutely an the worse option in all ebay .... I am thinking seriously stop making offers if these option still active .... please how can I disable it or remov...

Being spammed with 'discount' offers

Ebay now has a policy of allowing sellers to spam potential buyers with 'discount' offers. They've done this with things on the watch list for a while, but are now seemingly doing it with things which have been simply viewed and not watched. I have t...

Getting a bit sick of this over charged postage.

The last few months I've been buying from ebay quite frequenty. On some small items I've bought the postage has been set on the listing at £3.20 (Second Class Small Parcel). When the items arrive they have been sent as a Large Letter for £0.96p. I do...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 218 replies
  • 28 kudos

Resolved! What just happened?

I just made an offer on a Pixel phone after a few messages back and forth with the seller. They counter offered and said they would pay the postage with RM 24 tracked (original listing was buyer to pay and it was Evri). I left it for 5 minutes becaus...

What’s the scam?

Wife wants to resupply with oil of Olay.its £6.50 a bottle in shops.1 - See it for £4.50 a bottle on eBay and I order 5 bottles.Get a shipped and delivered message within 2 minutes if each other. After 10 days I ask for a refund due to non delivery. ...

When bidding on an item

Recently when Im bidding on an item the timer runs down and I win the auction, only for the clock to reset to 59sec giving other bidders the opprtunity to put higher bids in and win the auction.This is a regular thing and I want to know why EBay are ...

Post purchase marketing emails from seller

I recently got an email from a seller, after I bought from them on eBay, offering a future discount & with a link to their own (non eBay) shop. I didn't know that sellers could access my email address, I now understand they can, but surely it's not o...

Buying

Hi, I purchased a pricey item on Saturday, when should I expect to hear from seller, she only has a low score for selling

Got buying related questions? Start here: