Answer
agentred64
Community Member
seller says they can't issue refund due to paypal hold

I hope some one can help me ,I feel like I'm wading through treacle here.Last week I bid on a pendant and won it,paid straightaway via paypal,there was enough funds in my paypal to cover it.It was described as a solid gold 21ct pendant.What arrived was a chipped,flaking plated piece of costume jewellery.I opened a snad case in resolution centre(all the while communicating with seller there) I sent the pendant back tracked,they recieved it today,I checked track and trace.They have emailed me reciept of it back but say they cant refund my £38,because paypal have place a hold.I'm at a loss as to what to do next.I can't see any clear instructions from ebay,I've tried emailing ebay and got a automated non helpful email.So they have the pendant and my payment and I'm feeling very uncomfortable  about all of this

please advise,stressed out 

kind regards

Other Answers: 4
julie19090_0
Community Member
Answered
in reply to agentred64

The funds have been put on hold because you opened the dispute.

Not sure if you escalated the dispute or not. If you didn't then all the seller has to do is telephone paypal and authorise them to refund you. If they won't do this then escalate the dispute.

If you did escalate then I trust you put the tracking number into the dispute. Ebay usually force the refund within 3 days of the tracking showing delivery.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Growing old disgracefully.
julie19090_0
Community Member
Answered
in reply to agentred64

Do NOT close the dispute in order to allow them to refund.

If they refuse then there is nothing you can do as you cannot re-open a closed case or open a new one for the same item.

Ebay allow anyone to list anything. they then rely on ebay members to report those which break the rules.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Growing old disgracefully.
tony-chris
Community Member
Answered
in reply to agentred64

hi, my problem was like yours need to cancel and close to allow paypal to refund, I did put a note on to say having to close the case to allow refund to go through. You could go onto "chat" in the customer support but will need the number for waht you bought and ask for their advise. The first way you are on their trust that the rtefund will happen. I too have in  the past bout what I thought was gold and had cheap tack item instead. I do wish ebay would ensure that it is easy to find the difference as a lot of us would not buy from them. I kept the item to remind me in future but gave bad feedback for others to see, which made the seller very angry, best of luck.

378ruth
Community Member
Answered
in reply to agentred64

tony-chris just because you was foolish to close a dispute without refund first do not tell others to close.