• Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Shop it all
Answer
xmissmjx
Community Member
monthly selling allowance

hi

what happens if you have a monthly selling allowance e.g £600 and you have say £150 of that allowance left and you have something listed to sell on bids and the bids go over whats left of your monthly selling allowance?

Other Answers: 8
reeveart
Community Member
Answered
in reply to xmissmjx

Why has nobody answered these VERY important questions yet?

I've just placed my first ever auction and to be honest I hope to get more than what my allowence says. I was SHOCKED to see an allowence because there was absolutly no mention of this when I was submitting my auction. So my allowence is £650, if my auction goes upto a grand (what I want for this auction) does that mean I can't see it?????

PLEASE SOMEBODY ANSWER THIS REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION. Can't believe these poor people above me haven't had no answers since march.

Think this is going to be the last time I use ebay. Always happens when a company gets too big they go to pot.

sifujoel
Community Member
Answered
in reply to xmissmjx

I would also like to know this?

Though the amount of threads which ask this question that have still been unanswered,leads me to believe that were not going to get an answer.

I'm guessing that after you surpass your limit you cant list any more items for a month?

luk3th3duk3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to xmissmjx

After having a dig around online I found the answer. Basically they allow the bidding to continue as ebay have no idea what an item will sell for. You will recieve the full payment but you wont be allowed to post anything else that month.

For example

If you post an item (lets say an old car) for 0.99p and you only have an allowance left of £100. And that old car eventually sells for £500. You would be given that money and the auction would carry on as normal but you wouldn't be allowed to sell anything else till a month later.

Its seems to be logical that if you have any valuable items to sell, to leave it till you have a small amount of allowance left and then sell it. That way you maximise the allowance to its full potential :smileyhappy: hope that helps!

xmissmjx
Community Member
Answered
in reply to xmissmjx

i know that what i was asking was ive got a £600 monthly selling allowance or 10 items which ever comes first if i have £150 left of my £600 and i list something for a £20 start bid for example and it gets bid up to more than what is left of my allowance what happens eg £150 of selling allowance left and a item gets bid up to say £164 what would happen ?

ee.sankey
Community Member
Answered
in reply to xmissmjx

I would really like to know the answer to this question

jambuttyminer
Community Member
Answered
in reply to xmissmjx

Your selling allowance is normally stated as, for instance, 10  items or £350.

So if you list something at £150 and something else at £200 then you've used your allowance with two items and can't list any more.

Click both SAINTS and CINNERS to see the wonderful items we are selling to raise money for CHILDREN IN NEED
tomjgibb
Community Member
Answered
in reply to xmissmjx

I would also be interested in knowing the answer to this. Here is a simpler version.

If I have a selling allowance of say, £100, and i start an auction at 99p, but the winning bid is £110 (which is now over my allowance), what happens?

tilly18mint
Community Member
Answered
in reply to xmissmjx

I also would like an explanation on the monthly selling allowance, I have several pairs of binoculars that I would like to sell, but after researching other pairs similiar to mine,they have sold for a lot more than my allowance. I know I could only list one per month, but what happens if I make more than my £650 allowance.

Thank you in advance