Community Newcomer
click to view larger image

Hello, I have noticed in the last 2 days you have altered the " click to view larger image" now it doesn't work for me where as it did before, i find this a most important part of buying because you can see a larger image, but not any more, very disappointed that you changed it, so now i am reluctant to buy anymore. please can you put it back to what it was. Thankyou Frances :-(

Other Answers: 10
Community Newcomer
Answered
in reply to frances25945

Tested on two Windows 7 and a Windows XP now. All are giving different results but I don't see how the underlying OS would affect how the browser renders the page.

What I have discovered is that if I reduce the size of the browser window and refresh the page, I get a smaller default image on the page and the "click to view large image option".

A screen width of 1280 gives the small image and resize option, while a width of 1281 gives the larger image.

The page is interrogating the window size and deciding what to display based on the result.

If you want to give it a try you can use the link below to display the browser window size

http://whatsmy.browsersize.com/

Community Member
Answered
in reply to frances25945
If you can't see "Enlarge" then that means the picture uploaded by the seller is low resolution. If you are looking to buy an item but want a higher resolution image, contact the seller and ask them to email them over.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to frances25945

I am well out of my depth now.

Luckily my computer savvy son is sitting next to me - phew!

It could well be a new improvement that ebay interrogates your window size.

Apparently it's very easy to programme.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Growing old disgracefully.
Community Newcomer
Answered
in reply to frances25945

I am on the mac and when I am logged in, clicking on images does nothing, mouse over also does not work. Log out however and they all work. Same in chrome and safari

Has to be a fault with ebay.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to frances25945

Click on customer support - top right of the page.

Then click on the contact us tab.

You can then choose various options to report a technical problem.

Ebay have been tweaking various bits on the site recently.

Try another browser such as firefox or google chrome. You may find this solves the problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Community Newcomer
Answered
in reply to frances25945

Hello Frances - I have the SAME PROBLEM as you.  Nothing happens when I "click to view larger image".  Hope eBay fixes this soon, as it is an important option for buyers and sellers!! 3cryben

Community Newcomer
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to frances25945

eBay uploads the full size image, even if the seller has not chosen the zoom feature, and stores it on their server. There is a trick that will allow you to view the original stored image.

With the image you want to see in the original size, right mouse click the image, select the image url and paste it in your browser bar. This url will have at the end '_12.JPG'. Change this number a '57' and press return. This new altered link will now download the sellers full sized image from eBay.

Community Newcomer
Answered
in reply to frances25945

I too am having this issue.I get a larger, but not full size, image by default but no "click to view larger image".

Not a resolution but if I clear all eBay cookies and restart Firefox I get the "click to view..." option. If I restart Firefox again, it's gone and I have a slightly larger default image. If I clear eBay cookies and restart it reappears. If I restart... well, you get the picture  :-)

I have another laptop, that doesn't have this issue. Interestingly both are using the exact same version of Firefox.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to frances25945
This is a member to member forum. No eBay staff will see your posts. I don't know about everyone else but I can still see larger photos. There's a button which says "Enlarge"
Community Member
Answered
in reply to frances25945

Do you use the same operating system on both computers?

It can be the combination of the 2 which causes anomolies.