Answer
cincarnate
Community Member
changing billing currency

I have an ebay account that I started in Australia. I have now moved to the UK. I have updated my address and personal details for ebay. I have a UK paypal account.

Even after going to http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/billing-currency.html to switch billing currency, I am only offered to change to USD. When I go to learn more I am cycled back to the billing curency page.

Why am I unable to change the currency to GBP and what do I need to do to change it?

Thank you

Other Answers: 9
clute21
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cincarnate

Hi. Did you get to this page, you will need to sign in to get here

https://arbd.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SBCChooseCurrency&guest=1

STAY SAFE Dont let others know or use your passwords.
mokabear78
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cincarnate

I am exactly in the same situation. Moved from Canada to the UK a while ago. The options I get to change my currency to are USD and Euros!!! No GBP in sight... Has anyone found the answer to that one?

aspirations67674
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cincarnate

Did you look at everything like cross border verification as i do not know much about this. Hope this helps

aspirations67674
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cincarnate

It also mentioned something about have you changed your account in the last twelve months.

electrolyte22
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cincarnate

The same thing happened to me. You need to contact customer services (I know, not easy) and get them to change the site you are registered at from the Australian eBay site (ebay.com.au) to the British eBay site (eBay.co.uk). Once that's been done, either they or you should be able to change the billing currency to GBP.

For jimige257 and others in the same situation, the key is to ignore the 'help' page that eBay provides, go to your home country's main ebay site, and click on the customer services link from there - it should give you the contact details for the appropriate country, rather than always defaulting to the US.

jimige257
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cincarnate

Hi All,

I'm also finding this super annoying.

OP's first post is a EXACTLY my situation.

Given the multitude of ways to contact ebay for help (read none, as the telephone number given is a US one and the online chat hasn't worked in the times I've checked it over the last 3 weeks, at time of writing it's about 10:35AM Pacific Time) I have not been able to pay my seller fees. Obviously ebay are now chasing me for the money, without giving me a valid currency for my site.

What do?!?!?

cincarnate
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cincarnate

@aspirations - I havent found any further help to the "Changing billing currency". As for your 2nd question, that is what I am trying to do.

I believe that I am at the right place to change the billing currency.

What is frustrating is there appears to be something that I have missed before I get to the changing billing currency for it not to offer my home currency of GBP.

@clute21 - yes, that is the page I got, only offering USD. The "learn more about" link ony cycles me back to the previous page. There is no further information I can find for what I am experiencing.

And, no, I havent changed my currency in the last 12 months. Technically I do have the USD option to change at the billing currency link but I need my GBP currency, USD is useless to me.

aspirations67674
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cincarnate

Have you changed your billing currency to the uk as well?

fabryx.xyz
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cincarnate

I've got exactly the same problem :smileysad:

Any help please?