Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Mis-sold BMW parts

I have purchased what I thought was some BMW wheel centre cap decals as shown in the sellers photos but they are just plain silver discs. I've tried contacting the seller to cancel the order but they are not contactable and say my order can't be canc...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Appalling new eBay bidding "glitch", more seconds added, & allows snipers to out bid a winning bid

I have been buying & selling on eBay for over 15 years, & have watched whilst little by little eBay tweek elements which have worked perfectly, but this new little trick up the sleeve of eBay when bidding, takes the biscuit. You find an item you want...

Ghosted by seller

I purchased and paid for an item months ago. It has not been despatched and the seller is not replying to any messages. There has never been an option to select 'item has not arrived' as I looked for this on numerous occasions. The 'more options' but...

Receiving a VAT receipt on purchases

Hi all. Been searching for answers but failing so thought I'd ask here. I have been trying to find Tax Receipts /Invoices on my purchases. Searches forward me to Purchases > Order details > Tax Invoice. I have nothing so started to then struck me is ...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

Order Cancelled After Postage

I ordered an item earlier this week, the buyer posted it on Friday. However they have now cancelled the order, issued me a refund and want me to return the item to them. They have offered to pay any costs I incur. My question is do I have to do this?...

cancel order

I purchased an item and the seller has emailed me and asked that i cancel the order as he listed it at wrong price,my auestion is why he wants me to cancel it.

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Receiving Seller Offers on items Viewed but NOT in my Watch List!

Hello All, Do you enjoy the casual browse ( Luxury Items - Bentley, Leica etc) whilst then seeking out items to purchase - I do. But I'm being 'put off' by receiving Seller Offers simply because I viewed the item - I currently have SEVEN of them in m...

User avatar by Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Am I abusive buyer

I had an item I bought in January and it stopped working properly. I tried to follow the help section and got to the part where I selected return item. The seller refunded me. I got a abusive buyer email the same day. I tried to contact eBay on the p...

Show Feedback With Photos = FAIL

Show Feedback With Photos = FAILI checked the box to show "only" feedback with photos, and it DOES NOT show feedbacks I've left with photos.

auto-pay on send-an-offer items

Ebay now seem to require auto-pay on items that I wish to make an offer on ? Guess what Ebay I will not authorise auto pay on each item so therefore I will not send offers to sellers. Another good feature that you have runied - the excuse its to stop...

business owner selling privately, is it allowed?

I bought a computer from a fella and it was faulty, he is a private seller and therefore does not have to accept returns.I have found through the companies house website he is the current director of 3 businesses.My question is can a person who owns ...

More Evri Incompetence - Redirects

They're currently pushing delivery redirects to parcelshops on eco claims but at least in my local area they acknowledge the redirect instruction, sit on the parcel for a few days at the local depot then return it to the sender without any attempt at...

Received partial refund but item is still faulty

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice please on a purchase which has gone wrong. I bought a second hand Apple Pencil for my new iPad. The listing description said it was working and it comes with the lightning adapter. When I received it, the lighting ...

Got buying related questions? Start here: