Community Newcomer
Accepted Solution
Item not sent, seller unresponsive, delivery date far away
[ Edited ]

This might just be me being impatient but I think something is definitely up with this seller. I bought a camera and lens on the 2nd of september, the estimated delivery date according to ebay is the 16th of september to the 2nd of October. To this day the seller has not marked the item as sent and has been unresponsive to my messages. The seller appears to be new so I don't know if I should be opening a case against him already or if I should wait until the delivery deadline has passed to give him the benefit of the doubt. The item is going from mainland europe to the UK btw.

Accepted Solution
Community Member
Answered
in reply to rosmitc_qqkyfz

If the seller is new, he may not know how to mark as dispatched, and answer messages.  Many experienced sellers who do know how still don't bother, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

You can't open a case till the last estimated delivery date has passed, but then you will be covered by ebays money back guarantee.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Other Answers: 1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to rosmitc_qqkyfz

the system won`t allow you to open a dispute, untill the estimated delivery date has passed, so the earliest you could open it is the 3rd oct.

some sellers don`t mark items as despatched, some do, so i would`nt worry too much about that, but the lack of comms is rather rude, if nothing else.