Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Beware latest Royal Mail delivery scam

Just to warn those buying items on eBay where the seller posts the item by Royal Mail 2nd class post. When the item is posted the receipt will have a barcode, not a tracking number, which will be part of their proof of postage. 2 of my items haven't ...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 34 replies
  • 3 kudos

Item not received claim put on hold?

I purchased an item from a seller which purportedly was going to be sent from Manchester UK, but was actually sent from China. I haven't received the item, it keeps doing a merry dance at the Evri depot, even being sent back to the senders depot at o...

Resolved! Is Evri killing Ebay?

There are plenty threads with people complaining about Evri, many have replys from happy customers saying " I havn't had a problem with Evri" but if you did then you would find out just what a joke they are.The measure of a company is how they deal w...

• 56 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Item descriptions-colours

It's inconvenient tnat in your list of colours , in clothing, you don't have " cream". when are you going to add this please?

How do I stop the intrusive messages from eBay?

I keep getting the same message about qualifying for a £10 reduction, if I download the eBay app and I make a purchase over £50 on the eBay app. I find these messages quite unnecessary and highly intrusive. Is there any way I can stop them; they are ...

Purchase problems

I have become recently very aware of the limitations of ebay's returns and feedback policies which I believe should be reviewed and amended to enable buyers to report problems with purchases for a longer period than is currently allowed. Having purch...

User avatar by Member
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Authenticity

Hi I purchased a ysl toy Lou Lou it was sent for authenticity which it passed however since receiving it's not my shade so I was going to resell and went to list on another platform who have said my bag doesn't pass the authenticity even though I've ...

Where did these bids come from?

I won an auction today but am confused where the other bids came from? I was the only bidder & watching the auction clock count down to zero. After this I got the 'congrats' message but the price had gone from my starting bid of £120 to £143 (still u...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

ebay showing items from USA before UK.

So the search on ebay has got a lot worse and now most of the results point to items in the USA with postage 4x more than the original item. I cant filter out the USA. Poor state of affairs so Im going back to Amazon, usually a little more expensive ...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

When to open "Item not received" case

Hi, I ordered an item last week that was dispatched on the 12th March via Royal Mail 48 hour tracked delivery. It was due to arrive on the 14th. It is now the 20th and I still haven't received it. I've never had to deal with this before, so I'm wonde...

• 26 replies
  • 0 kudos
Got buying related questions? Start here: