Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Mixed up accounts

Long term user on eBay. Due to illness had not used for a year. Tried to sell a few items a few weeks ago and they sold but when it came to posting I could not fathom out the app and could not postand also my incoming payments were being held by eBay...

Item collected but still apparently "processing"

I was able to collect an item I purchased from a delivery shop, but the order page still says "Order processing" and "Your order is being prepared". How do I get that changed? This keeps haunting me; sometimes it takes longer to get to sleep at night...

Suddenly I can't use any filters when searching

I look for items to buy by section. For example, I go to Test, Measurement and Inspection under the Business, Office & Industrial section. I leave the search box blank, set my filters to ‘faulty’ and ‘auction’ only then a few hundred items usually sh...

How do I stop the intrusive messages from eBay?

I keep getting the same message about qualifying for a £10 reduction, if I download the eBay app and I make a purchase over £50 on the eBay app. I find these messages quite unnecessary and highly intrusive. Is there any way I can stop them; they are ...

item not received

I purchased an item 2 weeks ago off ebay, the money has been paid via paypal. I have not had the item and the item is no longer in my ebay. I can't find anything (other than on paypal) to contact ebay about item not received.What can I do

Changes to the item view format

WRT the new format - the click to zoom piccies etc..... one I'm sure I am not alone in finding it less intuitive(adding clicks never is) and sluggish(picture load heavy?)IME. There seems to be lot more instances of disappearing/reappearing descriptio...

Call & Collect Address not updated in my account

I moved from Cardiff to Nottingham (170 miles away) two months ago. I changed my Call & Collect Address to a Nottingham one as soon as I moved. And whenever I have shopped on Ebay since, it has shown the correct Nottingham Call & Collect Address. But...

No confirmation email

I'm not receiving confirmation email after placing order.Not in junk folder.All other emails received ok.

User avatar by Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Price Drop on Listing Headers

I am getting a bit fed up with the phrase 'Price Drop' in blue next to the listing titles in the eBay app. A lot of these price drops took place ages ago and the item is back at its previous price. Is there no way that eBay can have the price drop ta...

VAT EXEMPTION for business how to?

I run a business in FINLAND (EU), and I dont need to pay VAT from anything. Despite searching I have not found a place where i enter my VAT number to get VAT Exemption. What to do?

Resolved! leaving a deposit

if a seller is getting a motor home in a few days and i really want it so i transfer money into his account,if for some reason he sells motor home to someone else can i get my deposit back,am i covered by ebay.

User avatar by Contributor
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
Got buying related questions? Start here: