Community Member

crafts category revision charges

Has anyone else encountered a problem when revising items in the Crafts>Floral Supplies>Other Floral Supplies category?

I have about 100 items which are listed in 2 categories, the second category is the one above.  It used to just be Crafts>Floral Supplies, but ebay seem to have expanded it.

If I try to revise anything on an item which includes this category Ebay are trying to charge £2.50 per item, which it to do with the inclusion of a large photo.  If I untick the box it makes no difference.  So, I thought to remove the second category, but when I do this I get the message that it is not possible to remove the second category on this item!  

I also have some items which are only listed in "other floral supplies" - same problem, cannot get rid of the £2.50 charge.  I have tried changing the category, then changing it back to "other floral supplies" - it's still there!

It does not make any difference if I try to individually revise or if I bulk edit - cannot shift the extra charge.

I have contacted CS and they have sent it through to the technical department, but just wondered if anyone else out there is experiencing this issue?

Community Member

Re: crafts category revision charges

in reply to bizzikat

Are you using the new or the old listing tool? I had a similiar problem with photo charges when I was using the new listing format, so the CS agent changed me back to the old and didn't have the issue anymore.

Community Member

in reply to jls_trading

To be honest, I have no idea!  These are all listings that have been regular stock items for over 2 years.  It is just odd that it is happening after they have expanded the floral crafts category,  all my items were previously in the category "Floral Crafts" - there were no sub-categories.  Now all of these items are in the "Other Floral Supplies"  sub-category, whereas most should be in "Artificial or Silk Flowers" sub-category. 

This problem only started yesterday, I regularly revise stock quantity available on all these flowers as & when I get stock arriving, which can be 3 or 4 times a week.

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

Then I suppose it has something to do with the yesterday changes that they made across lot of categories...

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat
Maybe try FileExchange - don't know if it will avoid the problem - but should speed up revising time significantly Smiley Happy
Community Member

in reply to robinet_uk

Could you tell me what Filexchange is?

Community Member

in reply to jls_trading

I didn't know that they made the changes yesterday, but that would certainly explain it.  I revise quantities available 3 - 4 times per week, and this has never come up until yesterday afternoon

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat
It's kind of bulk editing tool - where you can prepare changes off-line - in the spreadsheet - and then upload them in one go - search help on eBay or just Google it.

Kind of TurboLister but without fancy interface and you need to configure it by yourself.

You can even download simplified version of your current inventory list so you can just update quantities and upload back.
Community Member

in reply to robinet_uk

That is probably beyond my technical capabilities, as I have no idea how to use a spreadsheet.  Hopefully CS will come back with something soon.  I have managed to do one or two this morning, but it does look as though anything I had listed in the Floral Craft category has migrated to "Other Floral Supplies", whether it was the main or second category, and this is where the problem lies.  

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

Hi,

sorry to piggy back but I am trying to list new items in the Crafts > Beads & Jewellery Making > Jewellery Findings > Earring Findings section and it is trying to charge me £2.50 as well. I haven't done anything different to usual - no upgrades (I'm a cheap skate!), I can't see what this £2.50 charge is for. I'm also no where near my listing allowance limits. Is this just a crafts catergory glitch?

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

I've just re-read your post and realised that the large photo box is tocked for me too. I never use this feature so why is it ticked? Unticking makes no difference to the charge of £2.50.

I wonder, is there any chance someone from Ebay could actually be on the end of the phone line this time when they call me back?!

Community Member

in reply to littlecraftybeadersshop

I'm having the same problem trying to list beads, the £2.50 charge is for gallery plus whether or not you have selected it. It happens when you try to list from scratch or use sell similar & also if you try to revise a listing. 

I gave up trying to list & have checked my seller account as all of my listings are GTC renewing every 30 days and since yesterday all of my renewing listings have this £2.50 charge. I rang CS who did not seem to be aware of the problem, although I believe other people have contacted them about it, they said they are looking into it and will contact me again within 24 hours.They assured me that all of the £2.50 charged on the GTC listings will be refunded but it was Manilla not Ireland & I'm not at all confident that will happen.

So far I have been charged £10, with another 4 listings renewing today so another £10 and I have another 100 listings renewing in the next couple of days which will be £250! I am seriously considering ending all of my listings until this is sorted.

Community Member

in reply to prettypebblesbeads

UPDATE :

I have just spoken to customer services - they are aware of the problem, although she only acknowleged this when I said it had been reported before, and are looking in to it (everyone hold your breath). I was told to list as normal and the fees would be refunded. Spookily enough, I declined and said I would rather wait for the glitch to be fixed. Ebay has no idea when the fix will happen, this issue was reported a few days ago on the boards by someone else so I guess they are not rushing to get a solution for us. She also said there would be an email to let us know that the fix had been done, which I thought was unusual. 

Community Member

OMG! I have a load of £2.50 charges on my auto renew listings. AAAARRRGGGHH!!!!

Community Member

If you have GTC listings, check your account as the £2.50 fee is being added as they automatically renew.

Community Member

in reply to prettypebblesbeads

Yes, same here - I have had 6 since yesterday, when the problem started, this is seriously NOT funny Ebay !

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

I have posted the same problem on the tech page. I am up to 30 GTC relists so far since yesterday morning and as all 605 of my listings are GTC the charges keep racking up. I have been told they will phone me back this afternoon and arrange a credit for any £2.50 gallery plus charges made up to that point so they won't be included on my invoice generated tomorrow and all further credits will be processed after they have fixed the issue.....but hae no idea when this will be!!!

Anyone else having a distinct lack of sales or is it just coincidence? I have gone from an avergae 15 sales a day to 3!!!

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

You need to phone Ebay - they are removing the charges for me and have updated all my listings. DO NOT BULK EDIT YOUR LISTINGS YOURSELF AS YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR GALLERY PLUS!! I did the bulk editing over the phone with a customer service rep and I was automatically charged nearly £400. They are now refunding all of the gallery plus charges. 

Community Member

FURTHER UPDATE

The glitch has not been fixed, so even if Ebay refund your current gallery plus charges you will be charged AGAIN when they renew. I have listings renewing in the next few hours and the service rep checked them only to see that the gallery plus box was already ticked ready to charge me again. There seems no point in obtaining a refund (which takes a while) until the glitch is actually sorted. The rep said he would ask Ebay to announce when the glitch was fixed so we know when it time to claim those refunds! Having said that, it may be worth phoning to let them know that you did not want the gallery plus so they can refund you later.

Community Member

So again - the whole system is (still) not FIT FOR PURPOSE - eBay should refund us shop subscriptions !!