Community Member

Re: crafts category revision charges

in reply to loubylou35

Unfortunately, what they say they will do and what they actually do are often very different things! Then muggins (us sellers) have to chase them up to put things right. Still, at least we have nothing better to do right?!

I have actually managed to find another catergory to list a few things in while I'm twiddling my thumbs. Most of my stock is listed in 'crafts -beads' but I've just found 'jewellery and watches - loose beads'. Still doesn't help me list pendants and findings though.Smiley Sad

Community Member

in reply to robinet_uk

In total agreement  - I am wasting so much time trying correct Ebay's errors / glitches!

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35

Previously, as a form of appology I HAVE RECEIVED refund on my shop subscription  - (un)fortunately, the most affecting glitches are not affecting me right now so have no way to request such refund.

Community Member

in reply to robinet_uk

Interesting!! thanks for that, I shall bear it in mind if this goes on for much longer.

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

Me too! Absolutely one of the worst weekends I have ever had. If wasnt for another selling platform I would have less than 10 parcels to post today and I would normally have around 30 on a Monday. I have been doing this long enough to know when there are serious site issues and its certainly not just down to hot weather.  Meanwhile, my Gallery plus fees continue to rise uncontrollably and I cannot revise any listings without incurring more charges.  Which may account in part for the lack of sales as too many listings are now on zero quantities.  Its  now 6 days Ebay!! What are you doing????????????????////

eBay Employee

in reply to littlecraftybeadersshop

littlecraftybeadersshop wrote:

We're all still struggling with this glitch - and mounting fees - any update please ilona_uk@ebay.com?

Hello @littlecraftybeadersshop,

Thank you for following up on this. 

I have checked for the updates and our tech team is still working on the fix.

Thanks 

Ilona 

Community Member

in reply to cosmictrinkets1

Hey, at least they're helping by still sending out those 'top tips for selling your items' emails. Where would we be without those?

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat
It's just pathetic - how hard can it be to set a flag/field in database to stop charging £2.50 for selected categories ?!?!?
Even globally - it's their fault.
Community Member

in reply to robinet_uk

Day 9 and still no fix....*sign* another day of twiddling my thumbs

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35

Same here - I have managed to do a couple of revisions, what I really need to do is remove the second category from about 100 of my listings, and cannot do it! Oh, and make sure the gallery plus box is unticked - sorry, forgot, can't do that either!

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

I have just put through lots of revisions and no charge!!!! Yesterday it was only the GTCs that had autorenewed and have GP attached to them go through without the fee.

We might just have the end in sight!

I haven't tried to relist anything yet or checked todays lot of GTCs that have gobe through....I just got so excited that it is starting to work Smiley Happy

My nerves can't stand much more of the fees going up and up....every morning I look at the total and it's quite scary!!

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35

I think you are right, they do seem to have fixed something.  I just did a bulk revision on all my items to remove the Gallery Plus upgrade from all of them, and they went through with no charge.  I have just checked a couple of them, and the box is unticked!!!

Yippee - now just waiting for them to sort out the removal of the second category, which still does not work.

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

Haven't tried to bulk edit to get rid of the GP on my listings yet......just couldn't bring myself to incase it all went horribly wrong lol x

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35

Huzzah! All fixed my end.

I notice that the old category Beads->Mixed beads (or mixed lots?) has now been removed, and there's just one overarching 'BEEEAAAADDDDS' category. Good news though =)

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35

I have just used bulk edit to get rid of GP on all my listings & it worked!

Now I just need to try and correct the stock levels that I've been unable to change since the 13th & then I need to get the credits for fees they have refused to give since the 17th!

Community Member

in reply to prettypebblesbeads

I just completed a draft listing I started on the 14th and the box stayed unticked with no charge incurred!! Woo-Hoo!!!

Community Member

and another draft completed - I'm on a roll!

Community Member

O.K., I have just bulk edited (again) and removed the gallery plus upgrade without being charged. I have gone back in to a few of the listings and the Gallery plus box is unticked as default now. Hopefully this is the fix we've been waiting soooooo long for, however, the box is still ticked by default unless you bulk edit and save the changes to your selling manager account.

While I am cautiously optimistic, the box should be unticked by default NOT ticked so we still need to be vigilant and keep a look out for those sneeky extra charges.

Community Member

in reply to charmsgalore_uk

I noticed the change in the beads catergory too. I sell mainly beads and it's such a pain not being able to list in the subcatergories anymore. At least the search fields still let the customer refine the search - at the moment!

Community Member

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!! Tried to get my fees back today but 'John' couldn't handle the maths! I even ran through the sums with him as they were shown on my invoice but no, he wasn't having any of it. He said it will take him time to sort it out and he will phone me back at the end of his shift - in 7 hours time! When I pointed out that 7 hours seemed excessive for a quick bit of maths he said he had a schedule to keep and other phone calls to make! I guess I inconvenienced him!

I have to go shopping now as I have run out exclaimation marks - do they sell them on Ebay I wonder.......