Community Member

Re: crafts category revision charges

in reply to littlecraftybeadersshop

littlecraftybeadersshop wrote:

I'm going to lie down and cry......Smiley Sad

I'd say about 2/3 of my listings are affected - just opened a bunch as revisions, and out of the 100 I opened up 64 show the £2.50 cost & no way to remove it. The rest, I can revise, relist or sell similar as required. Doesn't seem to be any link to them though as far as I can see; a range of categories, prices, dates listed etc.

Community Member

I tried to bulk edit 17 of mine that I know are affected with the second category gallery plus charge, to remove the gallery plus option, but it wanted to charge me £2.50 to revise each item, so I am still stuck!

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

OMG, they are auto renewing with GP back on!!!! This is just too much hassle for no reward, my listings aren't even getting more sales because of GP. Two sales again yesterday - woo-hoo, this way to retirement. #sellingonebayiseasy

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat
Why do you use 2nd category?? It's not included in shop subscription - just list in the 2nd category as new listing using different words in the title.
Community Member

in reply to robinet_uk

These are old listings, I was in the process of finding all those with second categories to remove them and revamp them when the glitch occurred!

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

I only have listings in one catergory so it wouldn't make any difference for me and I am not relisting as sell similar as they have suggested as it makes no difference whatsover whenever I try to make revisions.....come on people keep the faith it's not quite been a week yet, ebay will find a solution Smiley Happy

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35

oooohhh! got really excited as I just managed to revise 2 listings and I wasn't charged, then done another 3 and were charged for them! Doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason why it charged for some and not others as they are all in the same catergory

Out of interest is anyone else revising their items despite being charged and claiming the charges back later? I have over 60 revisions to make but have been hanging on and not done them yet, however as it is getting on for almost a week waiting for this glitch to be fixed I will have to soon as my stock figires will be completely out of sync!

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35
No, I'm going to leave mine until the invoice is generated . If it's not fixed by then, I'll go through everything and end all the ones with charges due to go on at the next relisting.

Also Robinet - that'd be a lot of hassle even if you only have a couple of hundred listings; going through and ending the second one every time a one-off item sells; if you're doing that twenty or thirty times a day it soon gets annoying and worth the 5p for second category.
I suppose if you have hundreds of quantity of whatever item it would be worth it, as long as you remembered to keep a tally of how many you actually sell in total daily from each of the two and rectify their quantities regularly.
Community Member

in reply to charmsgalore_uk

Why will you end the listings out of interest? I know it's alarming seeing all these fees rising but it is ebays fault at the end of the day and until they solve it it is up to them to credit incurred charges. If you end the listings you will lose potential sales and when you eventually relist you will be charged the regualr listing fee anyway......just trying to figure out what i should do for the best so hearing what others are doing gives me some prespective

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35

I'll be ending the ones which would be due to relist before my actual payment date, simply because of how long it's taken in similar situations previously - at the moment the cost is relatively low, but if a few hundred slip by then I don't want to risk it. eBay are entirely at fault for it, but the last similar issue hit me right as my invoice was generated and wasn't fixed two weeks later, and I ended up having a lot of issues with the bank which still affect me now (my bank account type was 'downgraded' as a result).

Of course, they will credit the fees back, but I'll have to have a look how many of my items it will actually affect before I make a 'proper' decision. Sales are through the floor right now anyway since this began, ad views down from 10,000+ a day to barely 300 or 400 and sales similarly scraping right down to one or two per day. Customer Services rep said this was down to the 'local economy' however, and the fact that a large number of people are seeing similar drops in sales 'proves' this. "We can't -make- people buy things, sir".

Also, to be honest, it's probably time I reviewed a lot of stuff anyway. Might as well do it while sales are tanked ^_^

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat
How people can buy anything - if search is broken and you can't access Seller's other items on the mobile ?!?!?
Community Member

in reply to charmsgalore_uk

I cannot believe how slow the sales have been over this last weekend - OK, it may have been the hot weather, and people just want to enjoy the sunshine, but honestly - usually 50-60 orders over a weekend - and we had just 11 ?????  It has never been this slow in the 10 plus years that we have been selling on Ebay

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35

I managed to revise 4 this morning, but still cannot remove second category from 17, and also when I unticked the Gallery Plus box on another item, and revised it, when I checked after the revision the box had been re-ticked!  So, it is still very random, and no chance of doing any bulk editing.  All of these were in the same crafts category - "other floral supplies"

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to ilona_uk@ebay.com

We're all still struggling with this glitch - and mounting fees - any update please ilona_uk@ebay.com?

Community Member

in reply to ilona_uk@ebay.com

Any idea when this will be fixed Ilona?  I have 2 issues - the inability to untick the box for the gallery plus photo, and also the inability to remove a second category on some items.  Both have been reported daily to Ebay since June 13th, when I phone each morning to request credits for gallery plus fees incorrectly charged.

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

I have just spoken to the CS dept in Dublin again this morning and they have had no update, they just don't know when it will be fixed Smiley Sad 

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35

Smiley Sad

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat
We want refund on shop subscription !!
Community Member

in reply to robinet_uk

I second the motion!!!!

Community Member

Hear, Hear....so do I but I fear it will fall on deaf ears....I am finding it hard enough trying to get credits out of them now. I have been told instead of daily credits, I have to wait until my next invoice and the fees incurred will be credited...that'll be fun, my invoice was generated on Friday last week and already 65 charges have been added!!!!

Although he did say that once a fix has been found they will automatically reverse the charges.....but I really can't see that one happening somehow!!