Community Member

Re: crafts category revision charges

in reply to loubylou35

Of course, I have just realised that my wedding flowers have migrated into another category due to the changes on Tuesday, they are no longer in "floral supplies", they are in "other floral supplies", when they should be in "Artificial & silk flowers", and I can't change them without getting the £2.50 extra charge.  This could easily have something to do with the lack of sales.

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35

Another 11 charges overnight, still can't revise items!!

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

I woke up full of hope thinking surely it's been fixed by now.......logged on and it's not!! Oh well another frustrating day ahead

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35

Nope!  But, I had a long chat with a lovely Irish fellow at 8am, all credits sorted.  He suggested that if I needed to revise anything to go ahead, and claim back the charges afterwards (but before the next invoice), not sure about that!  and as a bonus, I have given him another glitch to sort out!   If I have items in the Crafts, Other Floral Supplies category as a second category, I cannot remove it.  He tried, he couldn't either!  These are items that have migrated into  Other Floral Supplies since Tuesday.  I can change the second category, but cannot remove it.  He's sending this off to the Tech department.

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

I have spoken to a lady this evening to get back todays batch of fees and was told there is a work around by cancelling all your listings, and listing everything again afresh but not as a relist but as a sell similar.

I asked would the same problem occur with regards to revisions then made to the new listings, would it still try and charge the unwanted gallery plus fee and she admitted she didn't know but from what she was saying it was an easy work around for them....she said we can't keep crediting back fees daily (erm you can as it's your fault was my thinking at the time!) and this way they start from day one and there isn't constant charges going through especially in my case where all my listings are GTCs.

I also said this would loose all the history generated for that listing and she said if it was done within 24hrs it would keep the history....I'm no expert but I don't think it does, once something is generated on a new listing number it starts from zero again.

Anyway the upshot is she is saying the tech department are advising to cancel and start again....not something I am relishing with 600+ listings. 

I am going to leave it a few days and see if they can fix it in the meantime.

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35
It's coming up with 'Sell Similar' also; dreading having to pull everything down, then check & relist 1,100 manually. Not to mention the additional listing fees that'd cost in any case =/
Community Member

in reply to bizzikat
They have no choice but refund - and no so stupid workarounds.

Doesn't happened to me - yet - but if it does, I'll request refund on shop subscription as "not fit for purpose" and for my lost time and for ruining my day.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to loubylou35

Sorry to sound like a pessimist but there's no way that will work. I tried to list a new item and it wanted to charge me for gallery plus, so listing a 'similar item' will incur the same charge.

I also think you're completely right about losing the sales history because the item will have a new listing number. I genuinely believe a lot of these cs reps just say anything to get us off the phone. I've even had to explain trading standards to some of them - they're just oblivious (bless)!

I can completely understand them not wanting to adjust the fees everyday though, we can't really expect them to actually do some work and help us now can we? And yes, the charges are still racking up.........

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35

I have figured out that if I can remove the second category, most of my problems will be solved - but as I can't remove it, I am still stuck with phoning daily to "claim" my credits.

I would certainly not wish to end listings and lose watchers (potential buyers) - even the CS guy I spoke to yesterday agreed with me on that point, as you do lose history

Community Member

in reply to robinet_uk

Just had my daily chat with Ireland - there was no issue about the refunds, all done, and again I pointed out that if only I could remove the second category from my listings I could prevent this happening.  He said they were very aware of the problem with the craft categories,  and the inability for sellers to remove the second category, and are working on a fix.  I just hope it is soon.

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35

SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just spoken to ireland again this morning as yesterdays promised credits have not been applied and obviously more have gone on overnight and was told they can't apply credits until the total monthly invoice has come in and they would mass credit them then, when I pointed out this was not the advice I had been told since Tuesday he relented and said he would pass the credits now but any further credits would have to wait................totally not interested that I can't run my business smoothly and am losing sales and I certainly don't want over inflated figures on my monthly invoice regardless of them being credited at a later time AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's got that off my chest...how's everyone else this morning x

Community Member

in reply to loubylou35

Totally understand your frustration, especially as it appears to differ with each CS operator??  The ones I have spoken to since Tuesday have all been fine, no issues whatsoever, all credits go through smoothly.

I do feel for you, especially in this heatwave (well at least down south it is!)

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

Yep! It is blisteringly hot today down on the south coast so I have decided to stop stressing and go enjoy a day of sunshine...have a good day for yourself x

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat
If CS rep is trying to fob me off - I always request to speak with his/her supervisor Smiley Happy
Community Member

in reply to robinet_uk

Which I may well have to do as it appears they haven't actioned todays credits either, as when previously requested by the lovely CS agents in Manila they went straight through within minutes, the last 2 I've spoken to, have tried to make it difficult and haven't passed the credits, were from Dublin!! I will leave it until Monday and see if there's any change.....I feel myself gearing up to speak to supervisors though *sigh* All I want to do is run my little business smoothly and have an easy life! 

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

UPDATE!!!!

I just tried to revise an out of stock listing and it let me untick the gallery plus box. I incurred no charges once it was unticked. I then got excited and bulk edited ALL my listings to remove gallery plus and it let me. No charges!! 

The gallery plus box IS still ticked by default but it seems to be happy to let you untick to avoid the charge. It's still not right that it's ticked by default, but at least we can untick it now. 

I should add that I have checked my account and I have definetely not been charged to revise my listings. However, GTC listings that renewed by themselves less than half an hour ago WERE still being charged.

It's a start people - go revise and list! (and claim refunds.....)

Community Member

in reply to littlecraftybeadersshop

Wait a second! Relisting still incurs a charge? Even with the box unticked? Arrrggghhh!!!!!!

Community Member

So does 'sell similar' - give me strength!

Community Member

I'm going to lie down and cry......Smiley Sad