Community Member

Re: crafts category revision charges

in reply to littlecraftybeadersshop

Have just spoken to CS again, they are refunding the fees for the 6 that have already renewed.  His best suggestion was to not to try to do anything on the listings until the glitch has been fixed, no time scale known at present!  And, if I see any more £2.50 charges, then phone them back to get a refund.  I suppose that is as good as it gets right now, but I am left with being unable to revise stock quantities on my listings!!!

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

Better advice than I was given I was told to bulk edit the listings to remove the gallery plus you do not want to see the size of my bill !!!!!!!

They have refunded but I have loads more renewing tomorrow

So that will mean we can edit any listing as we will get charged

Community Member

in reply to firedglass

And did it remove the Gallery Plus out of interest?  I tried a few listings with the CS operator and it made no difference just added more onto my total bill. I have tried individually and bulk editing and nothing shifts the tick on the Gallery Plus option.....we just have to be wait and be patient and hope that it gets resoleved quickly and all fees are refunded. Any extra compensation for the inability to do any revisions or relists since yesterday is too much to hope for!

My bill is steadily rising before my eyes it is quite alarming! 

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to loubylou35

No just added and eye watering amount to the total and didn't shift it at all

I did get a call back to say they had removed all the charges (well creditied them back)

But with another load of listing finsihing tomorrow and the next few days. 

so don't be tempted to try that the tick in the box just stays there

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

Another day, another lot of £2.50 charges. Grrrrrr............

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

I have just got off the phone with customer support who refunded me the £2.50 charges for gallery plus that I had received yesterday and the day before only to find that I have had another charge today

This is ridiculous!!

Do I ring again or see how many I get today then ring.

The guy I spoke to said it was easier to refund today because my invoice has not yet been generated. 

He was unaware that other had reported this problem also

x

Community Member

in reply to buttercupcrafts

I told the chap on the phone yesterday that there seems no point in ringing up every day for a refund. It's just more of our time down the drain. I only just made it to the post office yesterday by the time I had got off the phone with customer support. 

The tech guys need to sort the glitch out first and then Ebay can start refunding people without the charges re-occuring. It looks like me doing drafts only for a while, I'm not risking listing in case Ebay say "you were aware of the charge"!

At least we can say Ebay is never boring!

Community Member

I was advised to ring back again when the problem had been sorted out by the tech dept but she had no idea how long it would take (or within another day or two if it was still going on). The lady I spoke to said they were aware of the problem and CS had been issued a code to allow them to process credits straight away when they are reported by the seller.....makes me wonder though of all the people that could be affected an charged and not realise!!!!!

Ive tried today and the Gallery Plus charge is still being applied despite the me manually unticking it tick....it's getting a bit ridiculous now, this is day 3. I can't even make any revisions or relist items without the charge being applied, and my GTC items have racked up loads of charges, some I had credited yesterday but I have another 20 due to go through today....this is getting beyond frustrating now!

Community Member

Yes, I had more today, but did phone CS, as I did not want the charges on this month's invoice.  She was very nice, was totally aware of the problem, and agreed that probably best to phone every morning 8am to "claim" refunds until this is sorted.  I had a ring back within 45 seconds, which I thought was good going.

Community Member

CS this morning asked me if I had been put on the list of sellers affected by this glitch.  I would say as long as you are on the list, you will be able to get fees back at a later date.

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

Hmmmm as much as CS have been very quick at ringing me back and helpful with getting the credits passed so far I don't want to run the risk of manually relisting and revising the listings that need attention and them saying well you are not getting those fess back as you were fully aware of the problem.....ggrrrrrr another frustraring day ahead

Community Member

in reply to bizzikat

CS didn't mention a list to me yesterday. But I did say to the chap that refunded me that he was probably going to be very busy for the next few days!

eBay Employee

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for sharing details.

I have now reported this to our tech team and will keep you posted as soon as I receive an update. 

Thanks

Ilona 

Community Member

in reply to ilona_uk@ebay.com

It's only just been reported?!

Community Member

Just to make you smile, I've been charged £22.50 in Gallery Plus charges today (so far) and I've had one, yes one, sale for a grand selling price of £1.99. Because selling on Ebay is easy!!

Community Member

Scratch that, technically the £1.99 sale was before midnight so it's actually no sales today Smiley Sad

Community Member

I thought it was just me not being busy - hey, it's wedding season, we are usually doing 20-30 orders per day, down to 2 so far today.  We have all the right stuff, right prices, just so very slow, do not understand it.  On the plus side, I have got all yesterday's fees credited back, but can see there are more to happen overnight.

Community Member

[ Edited ]

Only just reported?! I have been affected since Tuesday morning and was told on Tuesday afternoon by ebay CS it had been passed to the tech dept and was then told yesterday the tech dept are aware of the problems and are working on sorting it out! So they haven't been aware or working on it up unitl now then??!! Really?!

My sales are down and haven't been able to list or revise lsitings for days, this is getting a bit ridiculous now! 

eBay Employee

in reply to loubylou35

loubylou35 wrote:

Only just reported?! I have been affected since Tuesday morning and was told on Tuesday afternoon by ebay CS it had been passed to the tech dept and was then told yesterday the tech dept are aware of the problems and are working on sorting it out! So they haven't been aware or working on it up unitl now then??!! Really?!

My sales are down and haven't been able to list or revise lsitings for days, this is getting a bit ridiculous now! 

Hi @loubylou35,

Just to clarify. 

Reports are coming from different channels and what I did is, I gathered all community reports & details and forwarded that to the tech team from the Community side so this is added to the same report.

Hope that clarifies. 

Thanks 

Ilona 

Community Member

Thank you Ilona, lets hope they settle this qucikly as it is adversely affecting my small business as well as lots of others by the looks of it. I just want to be able to get back to trading.