Community Member

closing my eBay shop and clearing out stock advice

As i am retireing later this year i will be also be closing my ebay shop  I am aware you can not offer an ebay business for sale.What would be the best way to sell my total remaining stock in one bulk sale to fellow ebay sellers ?  Some of the things i sell are not offered by anyone else on ebay.Stock would  also be ideal for market stall or gift shop. Lot more stock in my storeroom than totals shown in shop at present    

Any advice appreciated.

Paul

Community Member

Re: closing my eBay shop and clearing out stock advice

in reply to parisangels10

Just run down stock until the last possible moment, then sell a single job lot as a final act.

Community Member

Suggestions only >>>  |Listed in category: > Wholesale & Job Lots > Mixed Lots

or Business Category in > Classified

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/classified.html

http://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/business/what-fees-youll-pay

Community Member

Take it all to your local "real" auction rooms. Don't sell it in one lot but split it into several lots and sell it that way. You will probably be able to do a deal with the auction room and pay less commission than you have been paying on ebay?

Good luck to you.

Community Member

in reply to candytan67

thanks to all for suggestions

Community Member

Whist you cannot offer the ebay business alone you can sell your overall business ( if you do sell elsewhere)

I have spoken at length to CS and they advise me it would be perfectly ok if I am selling my business which also includes an ebay shop too, but not just ebay.

I too am retiring in the next few months and unless I get a buyer will probably follow the advice already given and just fire it all out at reduced prices until exhausted, which on some of the products will take an age :-)

Good luck whichever way you choose..

Paul

Community Member

in reply to priorypolishes

This is my only business now, i have offered joblots to market stall holders who seem interested in some of the stock.Its a bargain for someone as looking at greatly reduced prices.Thank you for your good wishes

Community Member

Now that the weather is better why don't you do some car boot sales and get some "rays" at the same time?

Good new and clean items like yours should sell well at car boots if your are prepared to greatly reduce the prices as you say?

You could even say to people who pick items up from your tables "how much will you give me?" - you might get some suprises and in some cases get more than you were prepared to sell it for?