Community Member

Re: Worst period of Sales Ever!!

in reply to bluetimbo1

Well with only 22 sales in the last 60 days, time to call it a day now. My last listings finished yesterday, 2 sales this month, unfortunately I have one remaining listing which I forgot was a GTC, so as I have paid for it it stays until 30 days are up. It has been an interesting 14 years, quite an experience I would say. Good luck everyone.

Community Member

in reply to bazza019

Hi

I called ebay today and spoke to both the seller performance CS team and also the sales CS team. I had a long discussion with them about sales (or lack of) and repeated the sentiment of my last post on this thread.  As much as both of the CS reps said there was not much they can do personally, both said they would pass this higher up and would mark my phonecall as one that should be listened to.

I read out your comment to them bazza019 and said that I thought it very sad that someone who has been on ebay for 14 years should be discarded in this manner, because thats what they have done.  

I said that I watched as other culls occurred and referred back to the one a few years back when the DSR changed and said that we had made a conscious decision not to invest in development of the ebay platform because one day it could be our time to become "no longer required" and that seems to be now, ceertainly if sales carry on like this.

I don't have a high level of faith that they will look back to May 17th when our sales nosedived and look at what happened, but we will see.

Community Member

in reply to *henryhooverworld*

dont hope too much

once the agents realize that you have a little more brain and the usual silly excuses doesnt work they change the tactic - they begin to say whatever you want to hear, just to get rid of you more quickly

they clearly know that nothing is going to change, but they cant say it, so they say the only they are allowed

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1
I said it many times before - and what eBay is doing confirms that even more - someone is destroying eBay from inside - there is no other explanation for all those bugs and stupidity ...
Community Member

in reply to robinet_uk

yep

just have another bug - not showing photos on some listings

not showing the main photo in the listing, not showing photos in promotions (extra 5% off when you buy.... )

not showing some photos when I click on my used ID and below the star ratings 5 items shown and only 3 have photos...

as usual, instead of fixing existing bugs they make new ones...

and the sales are absolutely dead.... 80% down in 2 months... where the summer is the actual season for my items.... ebay failed badly this year... the topic is correct - worst than ever

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1

And more free listings on my private account (100 a day, 20 a month, and now £1 max fee) yet still nothing on my business.    Is it a coincidence that I actually sold something today after weeks of nothing and then immediately received an email telling me to upgrade to top seller and I'd notice a difference in how quickly my items sell, I'll probably get an open a shop email later too!

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to manbayviolet

just spoke with CS for a new glitch - pages not loading properly in firefox - on every refresh a random elements are missing

after the report I did ask "do you have any update on the huge drop in sales"

and the lady told me - "no update yet, but a lots of changes was made recently and a lots of other sellers are complaining too because of drop in sales, you are not the only one, but we have a meeting today later where this will be discussed"

it look like they are aware that something went wrong, but Im not sure what this meeting is about - resolving the problem, or making up new excuses when sellers complain

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1

Looking at my watch list : PRICES ARE MISSING !!!!!!!

Community Member

in reply to jls_trading

Another  new glitch to the list

No wonder sellers are leave this badly run site

Ebay you will like the other site more buyers then sellers

Community Member

in reply to bitsnbobstore_direct

it look like now we are getting more glitches than sales

and the glitches are not billed yet, so we must be happy....next month they may be included in the invoice.....

Community Member

in reply to mnikolay80
glitches are not billed yet, so we must be happy....next month they may be included in the invoice.....

------------------------------------------
August when they put there rest of the fees up!!!
Community Member

in reply to bitsnbobstore_direct

HI all

glitches, poor sales, no offers and a constantly increasing fee structure is what being a business seller on Ebay is these days.........Not good enough, well for me anyway. I am closing my shop at the end of July and moving the vast majority of my business elsewhere. I will just sell on my private account and take advantage of the offers ( Although I am sure these will be the next target).

20% VAT on all fees for business sellers in August is the big killer, I cant afford that and my business doesnt turn over enough to merit registering for VAT and even if I did the extra work involved with VAT (a hell oof a lot) is not worth it.

This site is going to be a wasteland after August when people see the difference in their costs for selling. Yes you will get shops remain hanging on desperately hoping things will get a bit better, unfortunately in vain. If you look at the many changes Ebay have made over the last few years, ask yourselves how many have benifited you and your answer is there in black and white.

I feel this is a real shame as this site could be so much more but is being badly managed to a point that it dumbfounds myself and all the experienced sellers who endure every change and awful decision made. Frustrating!!!!

Community Member

in reply to candmcollectablesuk

New discussion board ( technical issues) they should rename it to (New glitches issues)this just to prove how badly run this site is now and more new glitches to come

Also clueless technical team are they more interested in adding then fixing this site

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1
I have been on eBay since 2004, I handed notice on my premises beginning of June because I just can't go on anymore. I have spoken to CS and even cried down the phone but it's not any better. It's been a busy few weeks moving stock to my home. I'll keep it going and long for the Xmas period when hopefully it may turn around. I can't help thinking ebay have messed about with the system so much there is no turning back. The current climate has got something to do with it. I'm sad as I loved working along side them so much but it's beyond repairable if you saw my sales compared to last year you'd hang your head in shame.
Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1
No, there is no turning back for them.

I'm starting to list on others sites and if Featured shop subscription will be more than 20% of my profit here - I'll downgrade to Basic and reduce number of listings - I'm not VAT registered so it's almost inevitable.
Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1
Very good idea. I even thought not to have a store at all as stores are not promoted now so is there any point when there is free listings every month. Can't see any turn around so far today only two sales today such a sad situation
Community Member

in reply to chenners_com

I don't care what eBay says, bit I am 100% sure they hide listings in search.

There is no way you can get good sales and then they stop dead for a period of time.

I do think they let you have a few sales and that's it, as if to keep you happy.

Myself and a few of my friends local to me have seen it for over three years now butthis time around it is pathetic. We where all getting regular sales up until Friday and since then it has stopped to a crawl. eBay of course deny this as say it's all running as normal.

Every morning I would get up to see sales over night on my phone. Since Friday I have has two, this is not normal.

All i see is prices going up but visability going down.

To be honest I think it's a disgrace... 

Community Member

in reply to chipsquad

Joy of joys, Ebay have opened a technical issues board.

Will we get listened to or just more lipservice?

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/Tech

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1

Looks like I may have been 'turned back on' this week as another sale, that makes two so far this week!  And another 'email coincidence', this time would I like to use Linnworks to improve my sales from Ebay.   Hopefully will get a third sale so they can send me the 'would you like to open a shop' email.   

Community Member

in reply to garry9359

garry9359 wrote:

Joy of joys, Ebay have opened a technical issues board.

Will we get listened to or just more lipservice?

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/Tech

if they wanted to listen they had enough time to do it, but didnt

most likely they just moved away the huge pile with issues from the business board

otherwise anyone new coming across the boards will realize very quickly that running a business on ebay is actually 90% technical issues and 10% (some time less) actual business

just a thoughts.... and I really wish to be wrong and somebody finally begin to fix the huge list with issues which was ignored in the past few years

and I just noticed another drop in visibility on best match - it look like the search engine has been updated recently with new fresh bugs and glitches....