Community Member

Re: Worst period of Sales Ever!!

in reply to bluetimbo1
Hi, This is a disaster for smallish business sellers, my sales are down 47% in the last few days, sold nothing for two days, no questions. This can't go on, as if I am not selling, then I am not buying. What on earth is going with Ebay.
Changing listings, and even selling at a loss. What a joke.
Community Member

in reply to rosiecat11

in the past few years some people at ebay are doing their best to push away all small sellers.... finally they made it...

Community Member

in reply to rosiecat11

I really think a lot of sellers are missing the fact that there has been an overhaul of the search. 

Previous 'best selling listings' were:

Variation listings which show up high for a generic term. 

However, the new search gives prioirty to 'Star ratings' which are only shown on individual listings. 

Individual item listings also show micro description and show correct price. 

The variation listings are now shown with no stars, the top priced item is the only price shown and there is no mini description. 

The variation listings are being slowly damaged by this. 

I am very suprised more sellers have not noticed or complained about this. 

Community Member

in reply to tender_essence
Thank you to tender_essence for your explanation, most informative.
Yet, another mess we have to clear up due to Ebay fiddling around with listings and procedures.
Things were working very well before these changes.
Will be phoning to raise my complaint asap.
Much obliged. Rosiecat11
Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1

And the latest programming errors are :

NO EBAY MONEY GUARANTEE PROTECTION

Coverage:
Read item description or contact seller for details. See all details
(Not eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee)

NO Premium Badge on your listings

---------------

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1
?!?!? When/where do you see this message?
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to robinet_uk

you will find all your listings have them when you view it whilst logged in against 'coverage' 

Coverage:
Read item description or contact seller for details. 
(Not eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee)

However, if you log out and view as a guest it will show as it is meant to:

Protection:
 | 

I believe ebay are aware of this bug now.

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1
Can't find it on the app - but spotted something else:

Dispatch time: No dispatch time specified.

?!?!?

Visible on some of the items - not all - but they are set to "posted same day" ?!?!?
Community Member

in reply to robinet_uk

hi,

I too noticed this message last night, it is on every first page lisiting you look, all sellers are affected, see under "Coverage" (?!)

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 19.39.01.png

Just to add my voice to this thread, sales plummeted exactly as from Wednesday the 17th, so about 10 days ago, 60% down on previous weeks/months this year. I read ebay changed the search again? is the "new buying experience" putting buyers off ? & now this?

When I saw that first on somoene's else listings, I thought; "this must be a dodgy seller, not offering Money Back Guarantee on their products", only then I noticed that all sellers including myself have this now displayed to all potential buyers.

It does scare buyers off, what a great  "new buying experience" ! 

It seems everyday is a "new buying experience" having to put up with all the multiple bugs & errors plugging this site for weeks on end & new ones coming on daily!

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1
Or ... maybe eBay wants to get rid of all sellers - and only get paid from ads ?? But then ... who will see or click them ??
Community Member

in reply to robinet_uk

we really should be getting discounts on fees , to the numerous **bleep** ups by ebay 

lately there has been too many , in very difficult trading conditions 

simply not good enough

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1
Hi,
I think eBay doesn't know what is happening here, and they don't check the things on the community. Shall we write to them about these problems together? (Not send to CS). My friend said their manager is really proud of the new policies, and eBay created these policies to benifit the sellers. They have not realised they are killing the sales. The estimated delivery time, the new searching systems , the gliches etc. It is useless if we just complain here, is there anything we can do to let them know about this? Maybe we can collect signatures from sellers? sorry but I am not sure what is the best way, but I think it will be better if we can let them hear our voice.
Community Member

in reply to best-range

I have this too Smiley Sad 

Community Member

in reply to wag-tails

I have been selling on ebay for over 14 years and the past few weeks have been dire. I spoke with ebay 3 weeks ago about the severe decline in my sales. I was advised to end all my listings and relist everythng with FREE P & P, same day dispatch and offer a faster delivery option and I was assured that this would increase my sales and get my shop more visibilty. I was told that by having the ebay premium badge would go in my favour. I have spent the past 3 weeks working flat out to do what I was advised and things are now much worse than before. One of my listings had over 10000 sold items on it and now my customers can no longer see my listings and are having to contact me. I spoke to another ebay customer advicer and he said that I had been given the wrong infomation ans should have amended my listings and not ended them. As all my listings have been ended there is no going back. All my 1154 listings have now lost the premium badge and are also showing no money back guarantee. I have just spoken to someone in ebays' far away tardis and she was hopeless. She initally said there was nothing wrong with ebay and then after several minutes of keeping me hanging on the phone at my expense she finally admitted that ebay are away of these probelms and they are doing theire best to rectify them. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT fall in to the trap that we did. If you need to change your listings just revamp them and don't make the same mistake we did and end them and the relist then as new listing.

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1
Sorry to hear that Smiley Sad CS is pretty useless and always give wrong and harmful informations Smiley Sad

And next time request call back instead of calling them.
Community Newcomer

in reply to bluetimbo1

Closed my Featured Shop down. Didn't even bother downgrading to the Basic Shop. Ended 1500 listings and that's it. I am a Top Rated Seller, Premium, always 100% positive feedback since 2005, never below 4.9 on all ratings, free 1st class postage - same or next day, 30 day returns, have done everything they asked of me. Monthly total is now down over 60% in the last two months, to the point where I was no longer covering even the fees, let alone the cost of my stock. No-one in their right mind would continue like this, so me and my 10,000 postcards are off to delcampe.

Community Member

in reply to cornovia_postcards

It is TRULY BAD.

I rang CS last week as not even had any silly offers which is unheard of - no comms - nothing - one sale in a fortnight which has never happened before. They said they couldnt see anything wrong with my account so when I asked them to look at my figures in a split second they said "oh yes we do have a technical issue I'llescalate this problem.

It felt so "pat" when they said it that I don't believe a word of it. I think they are told to tell the customer there is a problem and that it will be escalated just to fob them off.

Very very worrying

Community Member

in reply to shopatrubyandjules

I have had a message from ebay that I have lost my Top Rated Seller due to lack of sales, talk about rubbing salt in the wound.

Community Member

in reply to shopatrubyandjules

I have probably got the worst business model on eBay - Own brand, niche market products, very limited range - so I've had to fight for orders from day one. Only been on eBay for a year but the only month where sales did not increased was December.

I've driven sales through my store using various methods and monitored closely what marketing activity works and what doesn't. I've been able to do this by pushing products that I haven't sold before or for some time, on various social media sites and then seeing sales come in for that product. Where I can't say with any certaintly that a sale has come in from this activity, I put the sale down to general searching on eBay. Below is an overview of how business is building and what marketing activity works best (all of which is free, I don't pay for any of the marketing activity I do). Figures from Jan 2017.

Sales due to searches on ebay - Down 40%

Sales due to facebook advertising on small business groups (where allowed to do so) - Up 65%

Sales due to Instagram and twitter activity - up 28%

Sales due to Linkedin activity - up 15%

Sales due to blog (I've featured my store on a blog of my restoration of a 1947 american RV - 47clipper.blogspot ) up 35%

As you can see if I had left it to eBay to promote my business I'd be bankrupt by now. The two methods that promote my store the best are facebook and the blog. Due to the audience, I've got all of my overseas sales from the blog (people will message me saying they have read the blog so that's how I know).

I've recently launched a store on my website but as others will know on here, getting the website featured high enough on peoples searches takes time although I have had a couple of sales already. I appreciate that people will think I'm mad for pushing people to the ebay store but it's still got a good reputation with buyers and for my plan to target the end user market (my website shop will eventually be exclusively for trade/ retail outlet customers), it's still playing a vital role. I hope the information above helps.

Community Member

in reply to bingo_66
Just had a look at your shop, and now saved to my fravorites. Food and cooking is one of my hobbies, will be buying soon!