in reply to cornovia_postcards

according to my seller hub , 

my sales are down 20% from april ,

but ebay say they are up 10% 

someones selling or its total rubbish stats from ebay 

Community Member

Re: Worst period of Sales Ever!!

in reply to brothersleep

well i now have a grand total of 1 sale in 3 days , tomorrow is d-day for me i am afraid , i am giving it 24 hours to change dramatically of i am shutting shop and all listings will be removed at the same time , had enough of this rubbish

Community Newcomer

in reply to thefamilyman66

The strangest thing has happened today, I'VE HAD A SALE!!!!, I have also sent the buyer a private message asking if there has been any problems with buying the item, it has had 1 watch for over three weeks and 1 view for the same length of time. It maybe that the buyer has been waiting to buy for other reasons but I look forward to there response. I will post the results when I have them.

Community Member

in reply to mjp258

Its like having a shop in the middle of a farmers field

Community Member

in reply to danny55511

Chap on the news (Radio 4 - so it must be true!) said yesterday that online sales in the UK were up at 30% of all retail sales.  So people are buying online but not through Ebay maybe?  

Buyers and sellers getting more internet savvy - more small enterprise websites being set up and buyers being confident to use them?

Maybe Ebay has to adapt - maybe that is what it is trying to do and just failing miserably?

4 very small sales to pack, totally eclipsed by one decent web site order this morning, then off to do some decorating and gardening.

Community Member

in reply to canvas_demon

now only 1 sale in 4 days , and to add to the woes i went to but some mailers and it came up you cant pay by paypal or credit card please choose another method of payment , this on 2 seperate items , the site is nackered

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1

Switch in off position here to once again, eBay share holders most have enough of my money this month already. But the sun is out so not all bad 

Community Member

in reply to canvas_demon

canvas_demon wrote:

Chap on the news (Radio 4 - so it must be true!) said yesterday that online sales in the UK were up at 30% of all retail sales.  So people are buying online but not through Ebay maybe?  

Buyers and sellers getting more internet savvy - more small enterprise websites being set up and buyers being confident to use them?

Maybe Ebay has to adapt - maybe that is what it is trying to do and just failing miserably?

4 very small sales to pack, totally eclipsed by one decent web site order this morning, then off to do some decorating and gardening.

It might depend on how you define "30% of all retail sales".

This could mean 30% by value, or 30% of the number of sales.

It could include postage charges, or not.

Some customers placing big orders, prefer to do so direct - to contact the seller (not through eBay, but by e-mail or phone), discuss requirements, negotiate discounts, and ask for an invoice.  And if you go to a big shop with a large retail order, you might well be directed to their online department that deals with it.

Probably this is more common with large orders (say if you're dressing a dozen bridesmaids) than small ones (buying a "sorry I  can't come to your wedding) card.  

But quite often when I go to the supermarket, I see notices saying "we have far more sizes and colours available online" - so the shops themselves are encouraging online shopping, by holding less stock in their shops.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to bravergrace

Im pretty sure that ebay is also UP in sales

unfortunately they are messing up with buyer choice too much

in the past few years they divert the majority of buyers traffic to certain sellers/listings

ebay CS are told to lie about that by completely refusing that they do it

nobody know why, nobody know how they pick the "chosen" listings, and nobody know if that system is working correctly

but from my experience I think it is not working properly, and it is very unfair for sellers

a few sellers sell a lot (not because they are better or buyers choose them, but because ebay keep advertising everywhere only a few listings as recommended similar items )

and the rest of the sellers dont sell at all (not because they are bad, but because they are never shown as recommended similar items )

this one way advertising divert the buyers traffic to only a few sellers, no matter how many negatives they have or other factors, they just stuck as recommended

it doesnt matter what we do, or how we perform, it is not even what buyers want, it is all about the glitchy system choice - the glitchy system narrow the buyer choice and many sellers are just out of the game for long periods

Community Member

in reply to mnikolay80

The question is also are all the sellers on this post selling second hand goods or brand new items, I sell second hand goods in the main, are we all in the same boat, are second hand sellers being forgot about in favour of sellers of brand new items, do ebay see second hand sellers as people who should be private and not classed as a business, do they see second hand business sellers as somehow not worthy of being called a business at all because we don't have a 'BRAND' to promote and a catalogue of goods to upload so ebay themselves can work out what the best products are then with their 'branded' packaging they can start selling said items theirselves from fulfilment centres dotted across the land like another big on-line company does!

Community Member

in reply to mnikolay80

I think that if you moan or complain on these boards its the "kiss-of-death" and ebay switch you off for a while?

So..............I'm going to shut-up for a month and see if my sales improve?     zipper mouth

Community Member

in reply to candytan67

Ditto, me too having started the post and commented a number of times I've said all I think I can say but 9 sales since the 1st may doesn't pay the fees or encourage me to buy stuff either.

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to bluetimbo1

We sell only brand new products and sales are rubbish. We have been on Ebay a while and this is the worst we ahve every known it apart from when we started and had about 50 items for sale.

Our sales on ebay are now costing us money and we are losing around £100 per month, so we are just winding down the ebay stock until its gone, We have sales of up to 50% just to shift stock we have had for 6 months or more, in the past we would have sold it out with in a week, now we are lucky to get 3 or 4 sales even when its half price, slight frown

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to candytan67

candytan67 wrote:

I think that if you moan or complain on these boards its the "kiss-of-death" and ebay switch you off for a while?

So..............I'm going to shut-up for a month and see if my sales improve?     zipper mouth

dont worry - 99% of ebay staff dont even know that these boards exist ( and also how ebay actually work )

people are not switched off or affected by glitches because they complain here

people complain BECAUSE of the technical glitches and because they are already switched off

so dont swap cause and effect

I wouldnt be here if ebay fix the glitches in reasonable time and if they dont switch off my listings

I prefer busy times rather than solving ebay countless issues

Community Member

in reply to mnikolay80

As I mentioned in a previous post, ebay CS actually told me that sales are manipulated to (in their words) 'give everyone a bite of the cherry'.

Community Member

in reply to fluff.pie

unfortunately it is not everyone, it is mainly for the big sellers

Community Member

in reply to mnikolay80

mnikolay80 wrote:

candytan67 wrote:

dont worry - 99% of ebay staff dont even know that these boards exist ( and also how ebay actually work )

people are not switched off or affected by glitches because they complain here

people complain BECAUSE of the technical glitches and because they are already switched off

so dont swap cause and effect

I wouldnt be here if ebay fix the glitches in reasonable time and if they dont switch off my listings

I prefer busy times rather than solving ebay countless issues

speak no evil

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1

I genuinely think this month will be the first time since i joined ebay in 2006 that I will not be able to afford to pay my ebay fees.

Community Member

in reply to cornovia_postcards

I sell art and normally achieve around 5 well priced sales per week but over the last 12 weeks have had just 2 sales.  There is just no traffic on viewing, its just dropped off the end of the cliff.  My physical exhibitions are still performing well so maybe ebay needs to do some promotion to bring awareness

Community Member

in reply to artfantasticbrian

Doesn't make any sense does it, ebay do enough advertising on radio promoting private sellers to sell stuff out of their loft, shed, garage, so where are the sales, had 1 again on sunday night and nothing since. Did ebay get hacked the same as the nhs but didn't say anything because the silence is amazing, but it'll be everything else that's caused lack of sales, the sunshine, the election, brexit, my photos need editing, i should offer free postage and returns and a discount all to encourage buyers to buy a £1.99 item. Hence why I started this post it is the worst period of sales ever, nuff said!