Re: Worst period of Sales Ever!!

in reply to rockmaniaonline

What many will do. And rightfully so.

Community Member

[ Edited ]

rockmaniaonline wrote:

Weekends are the worst though only just, in the week is bad enough. Our sales for the last couple of  weekend are  3 & 5 sales, During the week we average 2 to 3 sales perday (approx value before fees and Paypal fees £5 to £10) We can not survive on that so it get rid of the stock we have at a car boot sale and then close the shop and wave Ebay goodbye.

Snap, exactly the same, obviously on the same 'settings'. Basically a 95% decline since they started down this road of self destruction And deceit.

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to isafecreator

isafecreator wrote:

rockmaniaonline wrote:

Weekends are the worst though only just, in the week is bad enough. Our sales for the last couple of  weekend are  3 & 5 sales, During the week we average 2 to 3 sales perday (approx value before fees and Paypal fees £5 to £10) We can not survive on that so it get rid of the stock we have at a car boot sale and then close the shop and wave Ebay goodbye.

Snap, exactly the same, obviously on the same 'settings'. Basically a 95% decline since they started down this road of self destruction And deceit.

Yep,

But do Ebay care, do they hell!!  They seem to forget us small sellers pay there wages, Hopefully one day they will realise there mistake.

Community Member

"Hopefully one day they will realise there mistake."

But it will be too late ...

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to jls_trading

jls_trading wrote:

Yep it will, but no doubt Ebay will survive with the bigger sellers, while putting hundreds in not thousands of small one man or businesses that employ 2 or 3 people out of business.

If thats is there business model then so be it, we can't change it.

The only thing us small sellers could do is, if there is concrete evidence that they are hiding our listings is to club together and take legal action against them, as surley it is against consumer law to not give every seller the same chance of selling there items as eveybody else.

Community Member

Not one sale yet today.This is supposed to be my busy period.Comes to something when my website and the other site are smashing this one and that's not saying much

Community Member

rockmaniaonline wrote:

jls_trading wrote:

Yep it will, but no doubt Ebay will survive with the bigger sellers, while putting hundreds in not thousands of small one man or businesses that employ 2 or 3 people out of business.

If thats is there business model then so be it, we can't change it.

The only thing us small sellers could do is, if there is concrete evidence that they are hiding our listings is to club together and take legal action against them, as surley it is against consumer law to not give every seller the same chance of selling there items as eveybody else.

"Restrictive Trade/Selling Practices" ???????????????????????

"All commerce is based on agreements of one form or another. Some agreements however, may restrict competition. The most obvious are those involving price fixing and market sharing. The Restrictive Trade Practices Act covers agreements affecting goods and services."

Community Member

in reply to candytan67

The slowness of sales is not just on ebay, I sell mid priced art on just about every platform out there and in every case its UK sales that are missing.  Mainland Europe and rest of world there is no change.  My UK sales have gone from keeping me flat out to zero in three months and I feel this is the start of things to come, there is great uncertainty out there, people are very unsure of there future.  I speak to them at my exhibitions, they are just not coming off the fence at this time

Community Member

in reply to artfantasticbrian

So "Brexit" is partly to blame then????????????????

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1
Same here 0 today , no sales , no questions no nothing 😔
Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1

As previously stated - with this long ongoing thread, theres obviously a serious problem - show some respect ebay - at least post a message confirming you acknowledge theres a problem and that your trying to sort it out

Community Member

in reply to robinet_uk

Obviously there is serious problem with this site

They will not confirm that there an site issue not not only they not answering on this so could New Technical Issues board

Ebay don't care about small sellers as long they get there fees

I would close shops

Move stock to other site

Spend more time on own web site with money saved

No = Sells = No Fees

Also when new up date kick in there be more seller gone ebay will  looses

Community Member

in reply to bitsnbobstore_direct

After Trump - the Russians hacked ebay! ............................................. that's the only answer ti this nightmare?

Community Member

in reply to darcysbabydeals

not had a sale since friday lunch time on here 2 and a half days , never had this before . i have closed my ebay shop and started listing stock elsewhere and am actually earning some money again , best move i have made this year i think , i wont be coming back on here if the problems are ever sold either as there is no respect for sellers whatsoever all this site wants is your money and dont give a hoot about anything else , goodbye ebay after 13 years

Community Member

in reply to thefamilyman66

My last sale was Friday mid afternoon and now it is half an hour into Monday - nothing. Have never had such a tumbleweed weekend in all my years of selling. I bet that the non-weekend sales will run into my now regular no sales in the middle of the week.

What is up with this place??? We have Selling, Buying and now Tech Boards - I think they should add another one - NOT SELLING Board. That would make is so much easier for Ebay to ignore our unhappiness.

Why are we paying for all the days of the month when it is obviously that we are visible for only part of that time?

Even my Summary page keeps telling me that my customers miss me and I should start listing again when I have pages of listings. Went to the dentist last week and he asked if I had started grinding my teeth. Yes, and it's all this place's fault.

The monthly shop fees have become the biggest scam on Ebay. 

Jacksnanna
Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1
One of the reasons - broken access to Seller's Other Items on mobile website.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to robinet_uk

Well i nearly fell out my chair, I had 2 ( YES 2 ) sales with in 15 minutes today!!!!!!!

It is strange that it can be dead with no sales for almost 24 hours then two come along in a very short amount of time.

!!!! NEWS FLASH!!!!!!! I have just had another sale as i am typing this post. Thats 3 in 30 minutes from differnet buyers, (1 in the UK and 2 from overseas). I can't keep up with this rush of sales, i think i might have to go for a lie down in a darkened room after all this excitement. I might also need counselling as this amount of sales is so unusal in such a short amount of time. Smiley Tongue

There again is this all a dream??????????

Community Member

before weekends had more sales for our products

now weekends are dead, all sales are diverted to a few big sellers only, the rest have no sales

weekdays also strange patterns, 24-36 hours with 0 sales, then several sales in 2 hours, and then again dead

ebay is becoming more and more unreliable over time, buyers cant find popular listings, I cant find when search for something.... the search is badly manipulated or too many glitches, or both

Community Member

in reply to thefamilyman66

Why have you said you have closed your shop when its still open? Shops can be closed instantly so not sure what point you are trying to make. This is a problem too many people say this and say that but never do anything about it.....thats why Ebay will never change because they know it.

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1
The most frustrating thing is that the buyers are clearly out there.. they must be if they can turn on a tap and generate sales (the aforementioned flurry of 3 in 30mins) that nearly all sellers experience.
I miss the old days.. the right keywords and you could sell the same product 5-10 times a day all over the world!