Community Member

Re: Worst period of Sales Ever!!

in reply to bluetimbo1

Not a single sale in 3 days - they must have put me on the sleeping server...

No views, no traffic...

Come August NO SHOP !!!

Community Member

in reply to brothersleep

I used etsy a year back, no good, no traffic, no sales

Community Member

in reply to chenners_com

As an artist I sell on ebay, amazon and just about every art selling platform out there.  My UK sales have fallen to zero on all platforms, not just ebay, yet the rest of world sales are still the same.  There is simply no traffic for my UK listings, I would normally list with 10 to 15 page views within minutes, now they get no viewings and Followers has stopped registering, UK people are just not looking.  Whilst I agree there has been technical problems, it has never stopped buyers in the passed, they just contact me direct, now nothing.

Community Member

in reply to artfantasticbrian

I am currently trying out another platform that is not really that well known. It mainly deals in Vintage items, vintage clothes , Knitting patterns, really anything that they consider vintage.

I looked through the site but noticed It did not have a category that I wanted to list in so before I signed up Icontacted them and they replied in 2 minutes ( yes that quick ) they had the category I requested set up 5 minutes later. So I signed up and started listing.

The interesting bit: The first three months are FREE that includes a shop with unlimited listings, yes unlimited.

After the three months are up you can either continue for just £10 per month, they do take 7.5% of each sale but that's fair in my eyes.

I figured it is worth a shot for three months to see how it goes. 

The category I requested was Music ( IE Vinyl Records ) The people that run the site are very helpful and from what I understand it is not just for UK customers. A listing takes less than a minute in fact I only started yesterday and have over 100 listing and climbing. 

As I can not name the site on here as the mods would chain me to the fence it is worth googling Vintage selling sites it truly is worht a look. I admit it may not work but with what is going on here at eBay it has to worth a shot. 

I must add I am nothing to do with the site just a customer but it winds me up seeing all these posts and eBay say there is nothing wrong. 

Good luck...

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to chipsquad

ebay really need more competitors

it will help to get the fees back to normal and will give them a motivation to fix all issues

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1
Unfortunately it won't help - as there is no one there who cares or have even minor responsibility for anything or positive plan for the future.
Community Member

in reply to robinet_uk
Ebay died for me, pretty much overnight, in around March 2013. Thought it was just a phase, tried harder, got more stock, different stock-no joy. My November takings were worse than any other month, almost like I was invisible. The decline has continued. What would have sold a few months previously can suddenly have no viewers at all. I have let my listings run down from several hundred to about 40--can't afford much in new stock. Thank goodness my novel writing has taken off and has plugged up some of the income gap. I only continue on ebay at all because even 50. is better than nothing when you are limited in working hours due to health reasons.
Community Member

in reply to brothersleep

If you get yourself a F***b**k page, Et** listings can be shared onto there - then share from your page to groups to increase your views, plus get sales on both channels - hope helps

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1
This has been the longest time for us of very poor sales , about half of what we are used to , in the past this would go on for a few days then return to normal however this sort of sales pattern has become the norm these days!! Can't seem to be able to do anything to bring us out of this 😩
Community Member

in reply to artfantasticbrian

artfantasticbrian wrote:

As an artist I sell on ebay, amazon and just about every art selling platform out there.  My UK sales have fallen to zero on all platforms, not just ebay, yet the rest of world sales are still the same.  There is simply no traffic for my UK listings, I would normally list with 10 to 15 page views within minutes, now they get no viewings and Followers has stopped registering, UK people are just not looking.  Whilst I agree there has been technical problems, it has never stopped buyers in the passed, they just contact me direct, now nothing.

Yes - I would agree with you and have seen the same changes myself. So my new opinion is ................................."UK buyer are tightening their belts"

Community Member

in reply to hernes-cave

hernes-cave wrote:
Ebay died for me, pretty much overnight, in around March 2013. Thought it was just a phase, tried harder, got more stock, different stock-no joy. My November takings were worse than any other month, almost like I was invisible. The decline has continued. What would have sold a few months previously can suddenly have no viewers at all. I have let my listings run down from several hundred to about 40--can't afford much in new stock. Thank goodness my novel writing has taken off and has plugged up some of the income gap. I only continue on ebay at all because even 50. is better than nothing when you are limited in working hours due to health reasons.

Write a novel about how difficult it is to sell on ebay ................................................. it's bound to be a "best seller"

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1

I am glad that sales on eBay stopped. Why?

No sales on eBay meant more free time. Time that got invested somewhere else - other marketplaces. What we lost in sales on eBay we got twofold from other properly functioning sales channels with added bonus of lower fees and less demanding customers. 

Thank you eBay 👍

Community Member

in reply to candytan67

//Write a novel about how difficult it is to sell on ebay ................................................. it's bound to be a "best seller"//

Lol, Candytan, I could write a book about some of the strange customers I had on ebay over the past 15 years. The one who called me a 'terrible seller' because her kid was scared of a vintage doll; the one who threatened to sue because she found a bit of writing in a £20. vintage annual...

Community Newcomer

in reply to bluetimbo1

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1

I really don't know what has happened to eBay especially this year.

There has been a steady decline in sales over the last 3 years but this year it has died.

What have they done that has killed it stone dead!!

x

Community Member

in reply to buttercupcrafts

Yeap I agree with everything I read here. My sales are down 44% on this time last year, and I thought last year compared to the year before was bad. Also just spend £454 upgrading my template and listings to comply with eBays new rules. 

One of the biggest issues are sellers from overseas in Europe who's listings appear above mine even though I'm Top Rated and also sellers from China who avoid paying VAT but manage to ship their products from within the UK!

Another thing I found out from a supplier of mine that was also selling the same item on eBay UK even though they were in Germany, that they only paid £12 FVF where as for the same item I pay £20!! So it seems again the UK is seen as a cash cow 

Lastly Brexit and the uncertainty of not having a strong or majority Government is now showing with a lack of confidence from buyer making it even harder to sell on eBay.

I'm giving it another 6 months and if no noticable view in sales, I'm going to wind up the company and look for a job, shame as I have been selling on eBay now for 11 years and this is the worst I have ever seen it.

eBay need to read, and address issues raised and give us more support, like they did several years ago when I had a dedicated account manager, but unless you are a multi national they just don't give a damn and take all us small businesses for granted.

Community Member

in reply to bbm_trading_ltd

Again, a couple of consistent weeks, then yesterday and today which are usually quite busy times zero sales... i checked a couple of random items that normally sell okay regularly and more expensive versions sold yesterday (we are talking a few pence here). I checked the sellers of those and one had a 99% fbr. So it couldnt be that. I think its just random. 

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to bluetimbo1

Or as some think, it's the weekend so you are switched off and sales diverted to big names. Wouldn't surprise, morals left the building years ago along with sane management decisions.

Community Member

in reply to bluetimbo1
Or as some think, it's the weekend so you are switched off and sales diverted to big names. Wouldn't surprise, morals left the building years ago along with sane management decisions.
Community Member

in reply to isafecreator

Weekends are the worst though only just, in the week is bad enough. Our sales for the last couple of  weekend are  3 & 5 sales, During the week we average 2 to 3 sales perday (approx value before fees and Paypal fees £5 to £10) We can not survive on that so it get rid of the stock we have at a car boot sale and then close the shop and wave Ebay goodbye.