Community Member

The art of communication is a wonderful thing

Sold a coffee pot to this buyer 3 days ago  I sent a reminder today for payment after hearing nothing from the buyer then this email pops up in my message box 

PLEASE CAN OU TELL ME WHAT COURIER OR POSTAL SERVICE YOU WILL BE USING AS I HVE RECIEVED TWO PARCELS THOOUGH HERMES BOTH SMAHED TO PICES WHICH THEY SAY ISN;T COVEREDEVEN TIHOUGH THEY DELBERATELY DAMAGED THEM S THEIR WAS HOLES BY KICKING IN SIDE OF BOXES CLER EVIDENCE AS BOXES WER E LARGE WELL PACKED PADDED BUBBLE WRAPPED THE PLOT COULD HEAR IF WAS BROKEN WHEN BOX WAS LIFTED AT MY BACK DOOR COULD HEAR BEOKEN CHINA CHINKING BUT THEY SAY THEY TELL YOU NOT TO USE THEM IS IT FOR ANYTHING FRAGILE SO WHY ACCEPT A BIX CLEALY WRITTEN RED TAPE FROM SELLER THAT PARCEL IS FRAGILE NECE WHY I KNOW IT W SDAMAGED DELEBERALTY SO DONT WANT TO LOSE ANOTHE COFFEE POT WITH THEM THE OTHER THIGS I AM FINDING DIFFICULT TO GET TO REPLACE THEM DISGUSTED WITH THIS COMPANY GOING TO COMPALING TO EBAY TO STOP PEOPLE USING THEM AS NO ONE IS COVERED AS THEY HAVE SOME MANY THINGS THEY SAY YOU DONT HAVE A CLAIM AGAINST THEM ALSO I DOPN'T THINK ITS LEGAL WILL CHECK TRADING STANDARDS .

The art of communication is alive and well if only i could understand it! 

Community Member

Re: The art of communication is a wonderful thing

in reply to chinareplacementskent

Seems pretty clear to me, the buyer is asking if you use Hermes and they apparently don't know about the money back guarantee, I'd message them stating your prefered courier and open an unpaid item case if payment isn't forthcoming.

****************************************************************************************

A consignment of geriatric shoe manufacturers.
Community Member

Yep they have had some bad experienced with Hermes so are probably hoping you don't use them. Perhaps they should have asked that question before buying.

Merry Everything & A Happy Always Smiley Happy
Community Member

I have sent them an email informing them that I'm happy to use another courier but that no courier offers compensation for breakables but have reassured them that I personally cover any damages as most business sellers do but as yet no reply. I'm suspicious that it's all an excuse for non payment but I will wait 24 hours and open a case
Community Member

It's got worse. She has paid now but is sending me threatening emails to report me to eBay IF she has any problems with me I have been very polite and reassured her that I won't be using Hermes for her parcel but for some reason she has become very abusive I'm puzzled at this attitude because I have answered her concerns but she seems to be blaiming me for problems she has had in the past. She has paid £3.90 for postage but is now demanding I use Royal Mail signed which would cost more. Of course she is not prepared to pay more. Am I right in thinking that eBay will allow me to cancel sale on the grounds of unreasonable demands?
Community Member

Yes cancel this sale as she is asking for something that you have not offered in the listing (in respect of the postage).

And she sounds like trouble.

And her caps lock key is stuck down which is driving her nuts.

Community Member

Yes - even buyers are begining to wise-up as to how bad Hermes are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community Member

in reply to candytan67

In 18 Months Out of 1100 Parcels sent with Hermes we have had 4 breakages. Out of 56 sent with Royal Mail 7 (2 in past month). I dont think it matters which carrier you use if you dont pack carefully then expect damage, We sell China mostly so know it needs to be "Football" Proof.

Community Member

in reply to vna_antiques

Once you have cancelled the order make sure you add her to your blocked buyer list so that she cannot buy from you again 

Community Member

And e-mail address as well - not only ID.
Community Member

Capital Punishment