Community Member

Sales Poll

Just interest if anyone is prepared to state how hard they are being hit at the moment because ther is something wrong somewhere. Is it a  Brexit issue, national issue  or an ebay issue.I don't know? But as everyone keeps saying on different threads I have never known it as bad as this!

I have just looked back at sales figures for last year  we sold 40 items last year today we have sold 5 that is a 12.5% drop and that was over the weekend?

Community Member

Re: Sales Poll

in reply to tiggie1957

dont you mean 87.5% drop ? 

my sales this wkend are poor , but the heatwave probably affected my sales for the craft category

Community Member

in reply to brothersleep

plus Fathers Day.

I was searching for something and hardly anything new in that category was being listed which is unusual.

I put it down to the above and the nice weather.

Community Member

in reply to brothersleep

Yes 87.5%

Yes I am hoping it was fathers Day and the heat.

My emails are hardly working today so slow I've put that down to the heat!!!!

Community Member

in reply to tiggie1957

I am certaining slowing down lol

Past two evening....at 7p.m it was over 27C  in the shade in our back garden !!

Community Member

in reply to tiggie1957

I think its ebay and also a general downturn in sales this year. Personally being self employed and not selling much - in turn I am not spending much! Couriers are arriving earlier with our deliveries as they do not have as much to deliver, and a company even rang me and asked me to make payment early (we have a 30 day payment term with them) ...obviously that didnt got down well Smiley Wink    We are constantly thinking of new ways to make money.....as its very very hard at the moment.  Tax bill also due next month! Times are difficult for sure 

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to tiggie1957

I'm about 35% down in sales over the last 6 weeks, started to dive in May, we were quite steady before that.

Cheers

Community Member

in reply to tiggie1957
Hope it is only due to the good weatherSmiley Happy
Community Member

in reply to tiggie1957

June is generally a bad month for us but this June looks like it could be the worst since I started trading in 2005 (although ebay only since 2014)  I sold a grand total of 2 items for the whole weekend and just 2 yesterday and are very low sales. My customer numbers are almost on a par with last June but the sales value is about 50% less at the moment with only 10 days to go

Im putting mine down to weather and crossing my fingers its just that. we attended an antiqus fair last weekend and barely made  our costs back, and in general the other traders were saying the same.  The buyers that were there just seemed to be strolling round (and complaining about the heat) and not really looking also whether it means there is not so much money around or maybe the people who have got the funds available are spening all their money on holidays

Im really hoping it picks up because my ebay fees dont seem to be going down with fewer sales strangely enough other costs such as postage and packing costs are decreasing with lower sales.Its seems to me that ebay will find a way to increase their costs in one way or another particulary with the late delivery defects percentage and the increased shop fees and soon to be VAT charging. 

Ebay are pricing themselves out of the market steadily for small sellers increased fees and decreased service. 

I am a great believer for whatever reason that listings are hidden or limits are imposed.  It seems too coincidental to me that I get a rush of sales in the space of 30 minutes and then get nothing for hours sometimes days. But i try to remain positive

Always look on the bright side of life as they say.     

Community Member

in reply to tiggie1957
I'm sure it's the weather. Unless you're selling paddling pools with same day delivery ...
But yes, seriously down on 12 months ago. Seriously down on 31 days ago, ditto month before, ditto month before that.
The Hermes guy says he's got his round done in half the time, so enjoying the time in the sun, but worrying about the mortgage.
add into the mix that at these times every other customer is disgruntled and jobs-worths at royal mail start rejecting, delaying, returning and adding extra charges to your post ... enjoy the summer. It will pass soon! The problems with eBay could be terminal?
Community Member

in reply to tiggie1957
I am doing about 55%-65% of what I was doing in January despite far more listings.
Community Newcomer

in reply to tiggie1957
Ive lost a 3rd of business in the last month alone and 50% from 6 months ago, its not the market because others in my catagory are selling just fine
Community Member

in reply to brightsideoftheroad
My account has gone dead. Quite possibly because I had a very large sale.. its pushed my 60 day total a new level and since then nothing.
There is usually a middle of the month lull but the overall falling trend in what I call my bread and butter items is concerning. One item has gained 21 watchers since I listed it yet no one has made an offer.. Just carry on in hope there will be a flurry of activity.. its usually all or nothing on here. Stick at it.
Community Member

in reply to tiggie1957

I am finding that my sales go in cycles I will go for about three weeks with very few sales then suddenly over a period of two to three days I will get a boost then three weeks of poor sales again . The period in between is almost the same each time and the number of sales in the boost period are also the same .

This has been ongoing for about a year now so something is going on but sorting it is beyond me .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
63.74% of statistics are made up