Royal Mail.......lost items!!!!!

Hi, has anyone noticed an increase in UK Royal Mail packages going "missing" recently. In the last 2 days I have had 3 different buyers claiming item has not arrived. One looks genuine as it is Recorded Delivery which has not arrived. The other 2 are fairly low value First Class items and of course I have no way of knowing if  this is genuine or not.

Prior to this (I have "lost" a few international parcels) but only 1 UK parcel last year went astray and never turned up.

Anyone else having problems with this?

Message 1 of 1,017
See Most Recent
1,016 REPLIES 1,016

It's your prerogative to favour royal mail.

Acutally we are stating what others have stated about these suspicious practices at Royal Mail as well as articles calling out Royal Mail on these practices.

Where parcels are being "lost" that is entirely on them.

As we as customers are paying them to deliver the parcels not to "lose" them.

Their claim procedure is just beyond ridiculous considering you cant recoup all the amount you have lost.
Message 681 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Last week i had an item returned as not called for .....post dated 08/12/2016 was flabbergasted

Message 682 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@sapphireenterprises wrote:
It's your prerogative to favour royal mail.

Acutally we are stating what others have stated about these suspicious practices at Royal Mail as well as articles calling out Royal Mail on these practices.

Where parcels are being "lost" that is entirely on them.

As we as customers are paying them to deliver the parcels not to "lose" them.

Their claim procedure is just beyond ridiculous considering you cant recoup all the amount you have lost.

you can claim for the cost of posting and the value of the goods at cost, this amounts to all costs what costs are missing?

you can NOT claim the profit on lost goods

prerogative to favour royal mail, well dig out the dictionary.

no I do not favour them but when I look at all the packages we send through Royal Mail from all the channels and at the number lost I actualy think they do a good job

due to royal mail employing humans and not SUPER humans the offspring of Super Man unfortunatily mistakes happen and also there are the loses caused by no one but just simple acidents.

The diference is we accept things happen like losses and rather than slander Royal Mail staff we simply get on with running the buisness.

Message 683 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Do you send your items by Royal Mail online service? If so when you purchase postage labels you will be given an order number and an item reference number. The app on the label should be scanned by the Postie when the item is delivered. You can contact RM on their chat page, if you give them both the Order & Item Reference numbers they will look to see if the item has been delivered.

Unfortunately they can't  send you any printed proof of delivery unless of course you have paid the signed for fee.

I'm having problems with a buyer at the moment, they had 0 feedback at the time they placed their orders, but we all have to start somewhere, so I gave benefit of the doubt!

They are now making a claim for one of the orders which Royal Mail told me was delivered along with the other packs 2 days after posting. The customer has already told me the amount of items received and the claim they are making includes some of the items they have received. I have told them the Post Office told me when they were delivered but they don't care. Maybe I should report this buyer before they do this to someone else. But I'm not quite sure who to report them to or even if they would listen!!

I have no problems with paying folk back for missing items, but with experience, I think we all know when it's an out & out scammer we are refunding and there is nothing at all we can do about it!

Message 684 of 1,017
See Most Recent

you are quite right - there is nothing you can do !! Ebay will only accept " signed and tracked " services as proof of delivery - and even then you are not guaranteed to win the day . I have had a courier delivered parcel signed for ,the buyer left feedback and then started a claim for non delivery - and despite supplying both his signature and the feedback as proof of delivery I lost and had the misfortune to lose both the item and his payment .
Message 685 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I had this situation too and lost the lot. I was furious as it goes against eBay's and PayPal's own policies.
Message 686 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Although I refund the buyer, I normally report them to Ebay when I suspect that the INR is false, and ask Ebay to bear it in mind if another seller has problems. I don't know if Ebay does anything with that... I suspect not!

Another option would be for us ALL to include the letters 'INR' in their *positive* feedback......

Message 687 of 1,017
See Most Recent

How fo Ebay get away with that? how do they justify it?

Message 688 of 1,017
See Most Recent

In my case, they didn't bother to justify it just said there were special
circumstances they wouldn't tell me about - but they should have honoured their agreement with sellers despite the circumstances. They didn't.
Message 689 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Unbelievable

Message 690 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yes I am having the same problems. 3 items have not been received that where posted out first class post

Message 691 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Is it only me that sees the conspiracy? The media is very quick to slam Bad ebay sellers at every opportunity, that attracts criminal buyers, eBay are so desperate to attract and retain customers (I have two recent cases that have found in my favour but eBay have refunded customers, upon questioning eBay, they claim it was a goodwill refund) still at my expense via eBay fees!

The Post Office I believe are criminally not protecting their customers, after reading the article “Bonds that never should be broken” published in the NFSP

http://www.nfsp.org.uk/write/MediaUploads/The%20Subpostmaster/SPM_Sept2017_BOOK.pdf

Post Office motives become very clear!

Royal mail, Thanks to Post Office incompetence are able to vastly under report true loss rates, profit from replacement items sent and have made the claims process, if you follow this blog need I say more?

If you complain you are put into an impossible complaints procedure with both Royal Mail and Post Office playing pass the parcel.

If any Royal Mail Postal worker is reading this you took the share bribe if you strike for yourselves with no thought of your customers you are SCABS!!

Message 692 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@maisuk-2016 wrote:

Is it only me that sees the conspiracy? The media is very quick to slam Bad ebay sellers at every opportunity, that attracts criminal buyers, eBay are so desperate to attract and retain customers (I have two recent cases that have found in my favour but eBay have refunded customers, upon questioning eBay, they claim it was a goodwill refund) still at my expense via eBay fees!

The Post Office I believe are criminally not protecting their customers, after reading the article “Bonds that never should be broken” published in the NFSP

http://www.nfsp.org.uk/write/MediaUploads/The%20Subpostmaster/SPM_Sept2017_BOOK.pdf

Post Office motives become very clear!

Royal mail, Thanks to Post Office incompetence are able to vastly under report true loss rates, profit from replacement items sent and have made the claims process, if you follow this blog need I say more?

If you complain you are put into an impossible complaints procedure with both Royal Mail and Post Office playing pass the parcel.

If any Royal Mail Postal worker is reading this you took the share bribe if you strike for yourselves with no thought of your customers you are SCABS!!

You, my friend, are 100% correct. Also you should mention CS who actively help buyers scam you

Message 693 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Thank you stc120pinner,

I was thinking maybe i need a thicker tin foil hat ... CS?

Message 694 of 1,017
See Most Recent

this is defo on the Increase, the percenatge of parcels that I get not delivered that are not sent recorded is unbelieveable, are royal mail that bad ? I dont think so, unfortunately now we live in a world of dishonest people and ebay need to address this problem before everything has to go recorded and non recorded small items will not be worth selling. Personally I think we are being scammed by customers
Message 695 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I know I have mentioned this before but at Xmas 2016 I invested in some sticky bar code labels with 'No Signiture Required' which makes them look like they are tracked without actually saying that. Since using them on all mail (except the ones that do need a signiture) I have not lost one item ... not one. The reason could be many factors but whatever that reason is I believe it was £5 well spent.

Message 696 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Look it has been going on for years, the issue is not the RMG. The issue is eBay....pure and simple 99% INR come from this site as they do nothing to stop the practice, or  invest in the tech to make sure at least people input the correct postal address.  

We sell all over the world on multiple sites and it is always eBay we have an issue with. Mail theft heaven. 

Anyway forget eBay they are never going to do anything to combat the situation.

Click and Drop (we send parcels standard 48) no signatures, use barcode mail and you will get a delivery confirmation and it is done automatically when you link your RMG Click and drop account to your eBay account. 

Large letters get this also, if you scan a package of the item you send and if there is an issue you can contact RMG with the package and they will send you confirmation of delivery.  This needs to start getting uploaded automatically now also they have had more than enough time to sort it.

Message 697 of 1,017
See Most Recent

" Personally I think we are being scammed by customers"

I completely agree without including international post, eBay UK reported INR (item not recieved) cases are 4 - 5 X more likely than Amazon using exactly the same postage methods.

This weekend after being put into a 2 hour eBay Paypal ping pong loop and 2 specifically worrying recent unrelated cases, In my mind eBay seller protection is almost ZERO it is upto sellers to protect themselves. For a start, start insisting your mail delivery companies prove they have your items in hand, then insist on recompense if claimed not delivered. I am very sure mail companies will very quickly unite and put pressure on eBay to sort it out. People need reminding postal fraud is a serious offence!!

If like me you have had enough of organised corporate ping pong start demanding you UK Trading standards rights

Left with no option but to take a trader to court? Consider alternative dispute resolution (ADR)?

When a consumer and trader come into dispute over goods or services bought from the trader, the law now requires that the trader supply the consumer with details of an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) body capable of dealing with the complaint.

https://www.tradingstandards.uk/consumers/support-advice

Message 698 of 1,017
See Most Recent

"I know I have mentioned this before but at Xmas 2016 I invested in some sticky bar code labels with 'No Signiture Required' which makes them look like they are tracked without actually saying that. Since using them on all mail (except the ones that do need a signiture) I have not lost one item ... not one. The reason could be many factors but whatever that reason is I believe it was £5 well spent."

Absolutely I believe your investment has worked, if you put some doubts in a chancers mind most will fold!

Message 699 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@samslocker

We have lot of issues with large letters we send as they are low value items so can't be tracked.

When we have issues with large letter items we have contacted RM but they have just told us whether the item has been delivered or not.

How do you get confirmation of delivery for large letter items as RM have bluntly told us they can't send delivery confirmations for large letters?

Message 700 of 1,017
See Most Recent