Royal Mail.......lost items!!!!!

Hi, has anyone noticed an increase in UK Royal Mail packages going "missing" recently. In the last 2 days I have had 3 different buyers claiming item has not arrived. One looks genuine as it is Recorded Delivery which has not arrived. The other 2 are fairly low value First Class items and of course I have no way of knowing if  this is genuine or not.

Prior to this (I have "lost" a few international parcels) but only 1 UK parcel last year went astray and never turned up.

Anyone else having problems with this?

Message 1 of 1,017
See Most Recent
1,016 REPLIES 1,016

6. delivered but not sent tracked/signed for. oh simples i will claim my money back as not received

Message 461 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Your correct it has really got pretty poor over the last year. I did a multi claims form for 7 items a couple of months ago. Had one back the rest they rejected as the buyer did not return a P91 FORM, they were actually very obstructive.

This is not somthing I have not done 100 times before.

Even providing the email of the buyer claiming the item has not been received did not do the trick, the person on the end was not doing their job correct.

I never had to go through so much hassle before. Now dont get me wrong I post a LOT, and am expecting as few issues, always refund so called INR, but ALWAYS want to claim on the address. There service has been really poor as of late for me, not the Posties and sort centres, but the customer service when somthing goes wrong.

Stupid in the end as you just loose confidence and go elsewhere, and I have over half my goods are now sent with another provider.

I have got another 8 to claim for the last few months, EACH claim as well as the multi claim sheet is getting any emails received cases opended attached. It is RMG repsonsibility to run a secure network. Might take your advise and go to Moya also,Might listen to a shareholder and someone who spend thousands with them.

Message 462 of 1,017
See Most Recent

in the last two weeks i have had three items not recieved lost i thr royal mail black hole

one seller sent a watch next day before 1am it arrived two days late an i did not have to sign for it yet when i tracked the pacell there was a signature of sorts just a scrawl really jope this helps from a buyers point of veiw

fedupsparkpeter

Message 463 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yea royal mail is shockingly bad....really poor service, too many items undelivered...shouldnt be allowed..you have to pay the extra charges for signature and recorded deliveries...dosnt mean your items that arnt wont get to there destination..awful. ...
Message 464 of 1,017
See Most Recent

You can never know who's genuine or not as sellers aren't allowed to give bad feedback are they? Bad feedback would be saying 'buyer never received item, had to refund' or are we allowed to put that without being sent to the naughty corner????? I don't think looking at a buyers feedback helps you decide if their genuine or not. All my INR's have been from buyers with perfect feedback. Same as non payers. Someone recently didn't pay for my item but eBay took the right away from me to leave feedback by not going to giving me the option to leave feedback! They have around 7 non payer violations but surprise surprise they're still allowed to run riot
Message 465 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Personally I don't think Royal Mail is bad, I just think eBay have made it easy for buyers to play the system esp the clued up ones who've bought quite a lot. Call me a cynic but I've sent all my stuff with my address cemented to the parcel in a bright pink bag, my address inside, identifying features on the mail bag but it's still managed to disappear into thin air I even said to my partner as I was packing a parcel up one night that a buyer was going to be trouble just because of their eBay Name but they had no bad feedback and the parcel wasn't worth recording so I slapped myself for being so untrusting and put my faith in that dodgy eBay name.Woe and behold the item went astray.
Message 466 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Its such a shame..we return items with proof of postage and still we dont get refunded by ebay...how do we know the buyer is telling the truth they havent recieved it back?? I not happy eith the service i got from ebay i lost out alot of money.
Message 467 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I have been leaving INR as the first part of the feedback when I have a customer who has not received their item, it isn't a "false negative", it's a warning to clued up sellers who check a customers feedback.

Until ebay moved the goalposts to everything being in the buyers favour, we rarely lost an item permanently, more often than not it would go through the "lost mail" dept in Belfast and be returned to us, sometimes 6 months later, but it came back.

Message 468 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Everytime you send a parcel you have to decide if it's worth the risk or not. I send stuff over the £20 mark signed for just to be on the safe side and I also pay the extra for signed if the item is under £20 and the buyer has questionable feedback. I make less on these items but if it saves me getting a defect for INR it's worth it
Message 469 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Apparently all the lost items go to Ireland, haven't got a clue why they go there. I'm surprised The people of Ireland can move with it being such a small place and the amount that get lost. I sometimes think about all my lost parcels and hope they're OK 😊
Message 470 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Hi
I wasn't sure if you could be suspended for putting INR on buyers feedback because you need a lawyers degree to negotiate eBay as the rules change overnight and you hear of horror stories where people have been banned for life through no fault of their own by sticking up for their business and not doing anything wrong but now I know it's OK to do that. I couldn't leave a non payer feedback because eBay took that option away from me when a non payment case was opened. The leave feedback option disappeared!????
Message 471 of 1,017
See Most Recent

You can sometimes tell a LOT from the username used and the email address. I had one from "irishcrook", yup 20 days later INR...anything over £20 singed for here these days. They could combat this issue straight away by registering every single INR and not defecting traders. RMG need to be far more pro-active also. 

Message 472 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@summit-to-sea-anglesey wrote:

I have been leaving INR as the first part of the feedback when I have a customer who has not received their item ...

That's quite interesting. I noticed in your feedback left for others, first page of 200 you had done this 3 times. Does this mean your INR rate is 1.5%?

―――――――――――
I should of used a verb
Message 473 of 1,017
See Most Recent

No, I've stopped leaving feedback in general, as it's used primarily as a method to "punish" sellers. Feedback from sellers is pretty much worthless, now that it can't even be neutral.

I now only leave feedback if it's requested or if there is an issue.

Message 474 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@a.watts-uk wrote:
Everytime you send a parcel you have to decide if it's worth the risk or not. I send stuff over the £20 mark signed for just to be on the safe side and I also pay the extra for signed if the item is under £20 and the buyer has questionable feedback. I make less on these items but if it saves me getting a defect for INR it's worth it

Except that if the buyer is not in to receive the parcel you could still pick up a defect for INR and also poor feedback for not sending by the advertised service.

100% pure Egyptian Cotton
Message 475 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@a.watts-uk wrote:
 I couldn't leave a non payer feedback because eBay took that option away from me when a non payment case was opened. The leave feedback option disappeared!????

Why would you want:-

1. Boost the non payer's feedback score?

2. Tell other people that not being paid was a positive experience for you?

3. Risk your own account by breaching ebay policy on false positive feedback?

Use the tools at your disposal, don't try and abuse ones that aren't.

Don't forget to add the non payer to your BBL - http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

Set your Bidder Preferences - http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences especially the one about blocking buyers with 2 strikes in 12 months.

100% pure Egyptian Cotton
Message 476 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Why would I receive bad feedback for sending an item signed for. It would still be sent the same class as they chose only a signature would be required and the extra £1 would come out of my pocket not theirs
Message 477 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I was just going to put 'no payment' in the feedback for the benefit of other sellers not for the buyer.I know other people do it as this buyer had several non payment feedbacks already. That's why I've asked someone on here because I know it's a false positive and I didn't want to risk it without being sure.Anyway the option to leave feedback was taken away from me. You should be able to leave a comment like that to warn other sellers when the serial non payer bids on their items but then again it's eBay. You get a message telling you that a non payment strike as been recorded on the buyers account but that doesn't warn others does it, it means absolutely nothing. This person regularly bids on items and doesn't pay, it's like they get a kick out of bidding but have no intention of paying. Oh they've been added to my list, it's getting bigger everyday
Message 478 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@a.watts-uk wrote:
Why would I receive bad feedback for sending an item signed for. It would still be sent the same class as they chose only a signature would be required and the extra £1 would come out of my pocket not theirs

I had someone complain to me when I did exactly that. They're complaint was that they had chosen us over other sellers because the item  wasn't "signed for", they wouldn't have to wait in for the delivery and as a result we had let them down by changing the stated service.

The ridiculous thing about it was that it wouldn't fit through a letterbox anyway, so they would need to be in to receive the package....

Message 479 of 1,017
See Most Recent

What they meant was that they complained cause they couldn't Rip you off and say they never received the item! Typical scammer
Message 480 of 1,017
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: